Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dale Stephens today

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
Firstly, promotion is an amazing achievement so the disappointment of today will be short lived. The team have been amazing to achieve promotion so well done the lads, take a bow !

But the performances of Dale Stephens in this final run-in in particular causes me to question whether he has the credentials to be a first choice in the PL - I say this because I find his style of play very pedestrian, everything slows down when he gets the ball and his natural instinct is to go backwards or sideways - especially today. I have a big concern that this style of play will be punished heavily in the PL as I fear he would get closed down very quickly and lose possession easily - which will ultimately cost us goals. This isn't a knee jerk opinion, it's an opinion formed for a little while now - I know our form with him in the team this season speaks for itself, but next season is a whole new ball game. Would love to be proved wrong though - time will tell. UTA !

Dick Head

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Any of them COULD struggle next season,some of them definitely will.
But to pick out Stephens? Sorry , I just don't get it

sjamesb3466

Jan 31, 2009
Leicester
Strikes me the same as all the Ashley Barnes slagging a few years ago. Been one of our most consistent performers all season and wanted by another Premier League club. If he isn't good enough next season is going to be shite

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Firstly, promotion is an amazing achievement so the disappointment of today will be short lived. The team have been amazing to achieve promotion so well done the lads, take a bow !

But the performances of Dale Stephens in this final run-in in particular causes me to question whether he has the credentials to be a first choice in the PL - I say this because I find his style of play very pedestrian, everything slows down when he gets the ball and his natural instinct is to go backwards or sideways - especially today. I have a big concern that this style of play will be punished heavily in the PL as I fear he would get closed down very quickly and lose possession easily - which will ultimately cost us goals. This isn't a knee jerk opinion, it's an opinion formed for a little while now - I know our form with him in the team this season speaks for itself, but next season is a whole new ball game. Would love to be proved wrong though - time will tell. UTA !

Jesus Christ.

'I don't ever contradict myself but I do sometimes'.

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent

I know this is probably a :fishing: exercise, in which case I have been well and truly caught - failing that the OP is a Grade 1 plum - you decide?

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
Last season Kayal became my favourite player as I thought he was vital to the side. This season I have realised Stephens was a key factor to last seasons success and it would be a huge setback to our chances of survival if he left over the summer

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
There's me thinking this thread was going to be about either:-

Without Stephens we'd be lucky to be in the play offs.
Or
Without Stephens we'd have been properly embarrassed over these last 3 games.

Exactly right. What game was the OP watching? Other than Bruno thought he was our best player

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
There is a reason premier league Burnley were trying to buy him before the season started, at around 7M

An outstanding decision by the club to turn down that, even though Stephens wanted to go.

Now we are in the premier league, I hope he signs a new contract, if not all credit to him for not sulking and helping us get to the promised land.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill

This looks like a 'look at me' thread. That or the OP is truly ignorant

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
I do wonder sometimes whether some people have any understanding about basic football tactics and player roles within said tactics.

TottonSeagull

Mar 5, 2011
Totton (Nr Southampton)

Glad to see that this is going well!:facepalm:

Munchkin

Jul 12, 2005
Littlehampton
Dale Stephens will be fundamental for us if we wish to remain in the PL.

Getting him to sign a new contract will be pivotal.

Prettyboyshaw

Feb 20, 2004
Saltdean

Are you beam back George

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here