Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Was the Runner-up Trophy Presented at Villa Park?

Nobby

Sep 29, 2007
No
We waited around
Watched their players lap of honour
Then they announced it wasn't happening
Could of announced before the lap of honour
To**ers
Anyway good day out[emoji106][emoji106]

Not a great idea anyway

Tarpon

Sep 12, 2013
BN1
I
No
We waited around
Watched their players lap of honour
Then they announced it wasn't happening
Could of announced before the lap of honour
To**ers
Anyway good day out[emoji106][emoji106]

This.
Plus I'm pleased they didn't make the players go through the motions.

Hamilton

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
No. And I'm pleased it wasn't. Fair play to the team.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
http://www.theargus.co.uk/sport/albion/15266363.Albion_guaranteed_to_lift_a_trophy_at_Villa_Park/

Albion are set to end the season with a silverware celebration at Aston Villa on Sunday – one way or another.

Plans are in place by the Football League to present the Seagulls with either the Championship trophy or runners-up trophy.

Chris Hughton’s side will go up to the Premier League as champions if they equal or better Newcastle’s result at home to Barnsley.

The League have TWO Championship trophies, The Argus can reveal, providing scope for presentations to take place at Villa Park and St James’ Park.

Hughton, his coaching staff and players will also be presented with medals.

The manager has put forward a list of 21 players, based on appearances. The club can request extra orders for players missing out at a later date.

A combined live audience of more than 90,000 people will watch the absorbing climax to the title race.

Villa are anticipating a crowd of around 35,000 for Albion’s visit, boosted by 2,700 travelling fans. They agreed to increase the Seagulls’ allocation from an initial 2,000.

A beamback of the match to the Amex has proved so popular that screening has been extended into the North Stand, as well as the West Stand. Interest has surged since Sky announced they have not selected Albion’s and Newcastle’s games for live coverage.

The beamback capacity is 6,500 and it is approaching a sell-out.

Newcastle’s gate against Barnsley is expected to exceed 50,000 as Rafa Benitez’s team attempt to hunt down Albion.

D

Deleted User X18H

The announcer said there will be no presentation at Villa Park today. So we left.
A Villa fan in proper Noddy Holder said to me in Tesco "ha ha unlucky maooite" I enquired how far from here to Fleetwood?

Last edited:

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here