Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
"And who gives a damn,
Who gives a damn,
And who gives a damn we're on our way."

We had a dream boy............

zxtwinturbo

Nov 7, 2014
Must admit im pretty gutted right now,Not as sick as losing to Palace in the play offs though,And can only imagine how the players feel.Whats fuxked me off more than anything is mates,or should i say so called mates texting me laughing and joking about it.They have now been kicked firmly into touch.Funny how at times like this you find out who your real mates are

forumwayseagull

Oct 22, 2005
Rochester kent
There's really very little difference in finishing first or second in this league. It's all about the automatic places and avoiding the lottery of the play-offs. Job done.

I'm sure we can all think of moments and games where we might have picked up the extra points we needed but those were more than balanced by the points we gained in games where it looked

A great season and if anyone thinks we underachieved by coming second to Newcastle it maybe just shows how much progress the club has made.[/QUOTE

Very well said.... we finished 2nd by a point. 93 POINTS is a tremendous effort, and losing to Norwich and drawing with Villa is hardly doom and gloom material. Bristol city was the real shame, but we will be over it all in a day or so, NOTHING like the devastation of this time last season at Boro, followed by PO defeat to Massive.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
I've been saying the whole time. Come that first kick of a ball in the premier league I wasn't going to give a BOBBINS if we got there by 1st, 2nd or playoffs. I literally won't care.

Amazing season. Wonderful club. Brilliant achievement. Lets enjoy the summer.

SUIYHP

The King's Gull
Apr 16, 2009
Inside Southwick Tunnel
I am a bit annoyed because I could've pocketed £60 if they'd just stuck it out for one game, but there's no point losing it over a little bit of money, and at the end of the day, we got the outcome we needed, A £4 loss for that is ok.

I'd rather be us than say Blackburn or Hartlepool, heartbreaking that they both won their games yet it still wasn't good enough.

Last edited:

Spicy

We're going up.
Dec 18, 2003
London
We punched above our weight this year and got there.

Do you honestly think that? At times we were magnificent, at others we were rubbish, all part and parcel of being an Albion fan. Wouldn't have it any other way.

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
The worst part about today was a few work colleagues casually saying how crap we probably are, and that we're going straight back down. Chelsea, Man Utd, and Spurs 'fans'.

Shame about the title, but Brighton never did do things the easy way.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I was expecting today's result because of Villa'shome record. I did get my hopes up when we went ahead, but it wasn't to be.
We spent £5M, Newcastle spent £30M, so coming 2nd is no disgrace.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
I was expecting today's result because of Villa'shome record. I did get my hopes up when we went ahead, but it wasn't to be.
We spent £5M, Newcastle spent £30M, so coming 2nd is no disgrace.

Well you're right on one level. But there was the same old Albion comedy/tragedy thing right at the end that we've all by now come to expect.

Blew the title last Saturday.

swindonseagull

Aug 6, 2003
Swindon, but used to be Manila
Home now, sat in the garden couple of pints of cold hobgoblin in the sun.
Disappointing I know a few mins from being Champions!!!

Thought I would have a healthy apple with my beer but it's broken half my tooth...... Poxy healthy crap

What was the result again?

PROMOTION THATS ALL THAT REALLY MATTERS (and a dental bill next week)

swindonseagull

Aug 6, 2003
Swindon, but used to be Manila
Must admit im pretty gutted right now,Not as sick as losing to Palace in the play offs though,And can only imagine how the players feel.Whats fuxked me off more than anything is mates,or should i say so called mates texting me laughing and joking about it.They have now been kicked firmly into touch.Funny how at times like this you find out who your real mates are

You do know phones can be turned off ?

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Home now, sat in the garden couple of pints of cold hobgoblin in the sun.
Disappointing I know a few mins from being Champions!!!

Thought I would have a healthy apple with my beer but it's broken half my tooth...... Poxy healthy crap

What was the result again?

PROMOTION THATS ALL THAT REALLY MATTERS (and a dental bill next week)

Surely at your time of life, you can just post your teeth to the dentist :wink:

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
I am not over it yet. I was really sad and still am but ultimately you have to tip your hat to every one of the lads for a great 9 months of work, endeavour, skill and team spirit. So all in all its a great success and no one can take that away from them.

Football will leave me up upset many times more in my lifetime so patting ourselves on the back is compulsory for a great achievement this season but it doesn't mean I need to get over todays disappointment until at least tomorrow

Derbyshire Seagull

Oct 21, 2005
Just back home and in the pub with Forest fans who are glad to just survive. Meanwhile, we are going up! Looking forward to coming down next weekend for the party. Everyone needs to enjoy this after all the shit we've been through

BeHereNow

Mar 2, 2016
Southwick
Do you know what? I'm not really that bothered anymore. Sure it's disappointing not to have won it after the chances we had, but...you don't go into The Championship to win it, you go into it to be promoted.

Knowing that this could still happen (although unlikely) is making me feel a lot better:

Swansea to beat Sunderland
Hull to beat Palace
Hull to beat Tottenham
Swansea to beat West Brom
Man United to beat Palace

Javeaseagull

Feb 22, 2014
Do you know what? I'm not really that bothered anymore. Sure it's disappointing not to have won it after the chances we had, but...you don't go into The Championship to win it, you go into it to be promoted.

Knowing that this could still happen (although unlikely) is making me feel a lot better:

Swansea to beat Sunderland
Hull to beat Palace
Hull to beat Tottenham
Swansea to beat West Brom
Man United to beat Palace

I really don't care who we meet next season. There will be big names obviously but if we win 10 and draw 10 we stay up, Not much to ask is it?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here