Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Over it already!

The Antikythera Mechanism

The oldest known computer
NSC Patron
Aug 7, 2003
We f**king did it lads. We got promoted to the Premier League.

Bring it on.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Hooray! A sensible thread at last, instead of the utter, utter bollocks being posted on here by fair weather, glory hunting cockwombles. We're up, 93 points, a great owner, manager and squad without the benefit of parachute payments. A credit to themselves, the club and town (Still can't used to this city shit)

Mr Banana

Tedious chump
Aug 8, 2005
Standing in the way of control
Hooray! A sensible thread at last, instead of the utter, utter bollocks being posted on here by fair weather, glory hunting cockwombles. We're up, 93 points, a great owner, manager and squad without the benefit of parachute payments. A credit to themselves, the club and town (Still can't used to this city shit)

No-one could reasonably disagree with that. But they didn't put in the mediocre amount of effort required to win the league, probably because there weren't enough incentives

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
No-one could reasonably disagree with that. But they didn't put in the mediocre amount of effort required to win the league, probably because there weren't enough incentives
Utter, utter bollocks...

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Well you're right on one level. But there was the same old Albion comedy/tragedy thing right at the end that we've all by now come to expect.

Blew the title last Saturday.

Bristol had something to say about that, fighting relegation. It's been said often enough, that any team can beat any team.

The Antikythera Mechanism

The oldest known computer
NSC Patron
Aug 7, 2003

I'm surprised at you Mr Banana, you've been on here a long time and through the shit times as well. I think that you can see by the players reactions at the final whistle that they did put in the effort. This team has not been money motivated, but has come second by the smallest of margins by being TOGETHER. Sometimes shit happens, if the Villa goal hadn't gone in NOBODY would've been moaning.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
After Bristol I'd written off the title, but I was still gutted when Villa equalised. "It's the hope that kills you" as they say. 'Over it' is probably not quite how I feel at the moment, but I'm sure I'll get there soon. Anyway it's definitely 'count your blessings' time. We are in the Premier League which is brilliant and is 100% job done. And also we all now know how big a job we have on our hands just to stay there. If we'd won the title people would be thinking that the current squad might be good enough to survive with only a few additions.

adub68

Jul 25, 2013
During the drive back while listening to Arsenal v Utd finally dawned that we are done with the Championship; immediately over it - great owner, great manager, great team, great fans, great stadium......bring on the premier league

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
Not over it but not in the camp of some on this thread. The team have been amazing and to wrap up promo in this league with three games left is fantastic. Some of the team celebrated like fans on that great day, and most of us loved it when they did. It seems it didn't do us any favours though and we never recovered in time. Some players maybe have learnt a lesson, they are the pro's, not the fans, and to celebrate when the best that is possible has been achieved. But what a season, and what a team. Onwards and upwards

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Little bit of the cherry missing on top of the cake, but it's a bloody huge cake with loads of icing. Fantastic season. The five wins in a row that sealed it, followed by the mental scenes after the Wigan game, will linger forever.

Are the fixtures out yet ?

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
Thank funk them cockwombles up the A23 are still not safe or they'd have been on here being ****ish to the max.

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
We f**king did it lads. We got promoted to the Premier League.

Bring it on.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

I came out of the Amex from the beamback feeling pretty low - I couldn't help that feeling that we had blown something big - that was until I passed a group of young lads, all around 10 years of age, who started singing "we are going up" at which point I thought, you know what, it hasn't been a bad season after all. Yes, we will rue the fact we didn't take the opportunity to write our names in the history books, but that won't take away from the fact that next season we will be playing Manchester United and City, Chelsea, Liverpool, Arsenal etc... you know, big teams (oh! and Palace).

So come on, be like those youngsters and like the OP let's all celebrate what we have achieved!

bobby baxter

Jan 31, 2014
Was feeling gutted five hours ago but, getting over it now. Asked myself the difference between todays disappointment, compared to how I felt after the Boro game last season, today hardly compares with how I felt then. Looking forward to a huge turnout next Sunday.

Mayonaise

May 25, 2014
Haywards Heath
I was just getting over it when I made the stupid decision to go on a Toons fans forum. The fans were all chuffed as you would expect. The Spanish waiter looked pleased with himself of course.

But the large picture of Mike Ashley with what should have been our trophy - why did I have to look - WHY?

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Was feeling gutted five hours ago but, getting over it now. Asked myself the difference between todays disappointment, compared to how I felt after the Boro game last season, today hardly compares with how I felt then. Looking forward to a huge turnout next Sunday.

Had exactly this discussion on the M40 this afternoon. Absolute world of difference to last season. Tinge of disappointment this time (got given the finger by a carload of Reading fans....just smiled at them) versus desperate disappointment and full knowledge that we were missing Stephens and absolutely spent for the playoffs, had suffered the gloating morons at the Riverside and would have to start all over again.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
I wanted us to win at home but after last week I only kept half an eye on todays game.

In the big scheme of things these days the Champonship champions somewhat get forgotten by the play off final winners.

Cant believe some on here as if today has taken the gloss of the season.

We were first to get promoted than took the eye off the ball.

Newcastle had a dip in form to allow us to overtake and we had a dip after getting over the line.

Looking forward to summer now. Then looking forward to August.

Brilliant brilliant.

Sent from my LG-K520 using Tapatalk

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Must admit im pretty gutted right now,Not as sick as losing to Palace in the play offs though,And can only imagine how the players feel.Whats fuxked me off more than anything is mates,or should i say so called mates texting me laughing and joking about it.They have now been kicked firmly into touch.Funny how at times like this you find out who your real mates are

Text back 'we are going up'. Should sort it

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
9PM and I am over it. What helped was watching the video on you tube at the whistle at Villa Park. The players were gutted, spent and upset they came so close but could not see it out. The Brighton fans were chanting Stockdales name, singing we are going up ect Proud of the team and fans for what we HAVE achieved.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here