Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Greatest Season in the History of the Club?

Hendrax

Jan 23, 2013
Worthing
agreed, i'm a bit deflated after gifting villa an equaliser but i'll still be celebrating today.

we are going up.

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
I reckon so.

Enjoy it. There may not be another one like this for quite some time. :albion2:

Agree - season of a lifetime (certainly mine)
Next season will be tough. We will be celebrating draws like wins, and wins like titles. Some PL teams will be lucky to win 6/7 a season
Appriciate the good times when you have them.

Seagull

Yes I eat anything
Feb 28, 2009
On the wing
The promotion seasons are pretty epic. As in '79 it'll be so much harder next season, we'll lose a stackful of games and crowds will probably go down!

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
Cant agree. Mullery going up with fewer resources in 1979 beats this season.
The one season in the top flight that we were not looking over our shoulder as well

I agree - up until then promotion to the first division was no more than a pipe dream. The way we played and went about it, our tradition of being a div 2/3 side never destined for greater things, the buzz of the Goldstone; it seemed like the whole of Brighton and Hove was behind it. I didn't get that feeling this time round. However, for all those who weren't around, or old enough, in 1979 this was as good as it has ever got and aren't in a position to compare.

Hyperion

Nov 1, 2010
We are playing in the same league as the Geordies next season. Any Albion fan would have bitten your hand off for 2nd place in August. Next goal is anything from 4th bottom upwards

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
How can it be? Same position as 79 and there were four seasons in the league above. This team has proved itself as a great team, but its not proved itself as our best

interesting debate but back in the 70s the Albion didn't have to fight the rigged system of bloated parachute payments so I think the club now and specifically Hughton gets the nod for being best ever season/manager

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
interesting debate but back in the 70s the Albion didn't have to fight the rigged system of bloated parachute payments so I think the club now and specifically Hughton gets the nod for being best ever season/manager

We were saying the same. I agree with you 100%

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here