Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Character

Brighton Mod

Its All Too Beautiful
A much written and quoted word about our side this year, but do we want to be remembered as champions or the team that stole a promotion from a victory of being champions.

Come on lads lets walk the walk and not just talk the talk, show us some character!!

rocker959

Jan 22, 2011
Plovdiv Bulgaria
Exactly . Some motivation sorely required .

el punal

We're still in the box seat regarding winning the title despite the recent two defeats. Whatever happens we just have to match Newcastle's result and job done. Having said that I agree, let's go out with a bang and go for the jugular from kick off. Pride is at stake here - please lads, don't disappoint! :albion2:

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
A chance for history. Our first second tier title. A place on the club honours board. A trophy and a medal. A glorious finale to a season that has seen this team dig as deep as any I have witnessed in 50 years. They have clung on in games that they had no right to still be in. They have survived batterings from teams and still got points. They were cruelly robbed of something at home against their biggest rivals by a ridiculous fluke. They dusted themselves down and got on with the job. Yes, they have gone off the boil for two games but all is not lost. I know its not going to be easy for them to lift themselves for one last push but surely they don't want to end the season with a whimper.
Lets hope that they make a statement with a thumping good win and show the character that we know is in this side. Lets all walk away from Villa Park proud and triumphant and excited about the next challenge, not with heads bowed and mumblings about what might have been. Defiant and decisive. Calm and clinical.
Cmon my proud boys, seize the moment and give everything and more and you will prevail. Show more desire and hunger than them. Our fans will shout and sing themselves hoarse and drag the lads with them until the job is done. They deserve this one last accolade. They have worked all season for it. Lets make it happen.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
If only football was as easy as that. There's plenty of character, guts and gumption in our team. They will do their best, I'm sure of that.
I will remember this season as the one where we got promoted, in the same way we got promoted in 79. I hope we become champions, and will be there at Villa Park, cheering them on, but I won't be devastated or ranting if we don't do it.

Seagulltonian

C'mon the Albion!
Oct 2, 2003
Still Somewhere in Sussex!
We're still in the box seat regarding winning the title despite the recent two defeats. Whatever happens we just have to match Newcastle's result and job done. Having said that I agree, let's go out with a bang and go for the jugular from kick off. Pride is at stake here - please lads, don't disappoint! :albion2:

Everybody keeps saying we've got to match Newcastle to win the title!
But Bollocks have we!
Win, and they can't do F**k all about it!
So the team formation and team talk from the manager, should be positive, upbeat, and go for the win!
No prissy passing in front of the box, take a chance, take shots, and just go for it!
Possession doesn't win you games! That round object nestling in the opponents goal does!
NO FEAR. JUST THE WIN, AND THEN YOU GO ON THE PISS!
UTA :albion2:

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
If only football was as easy as that. There's plenty of character, guts and gumption in our team. They will do their best, I'm sure of that.
I will remember this season as the one where we got promoted, in the same way we got promoted in 79. I hope we become champions, and will be there at Villa Park, cheering them on, but I won't be devastated or ranting if we don't do it.

:thumbsup:

TheDuke

Oct 28, 2011
Arundel
They don't need to show that they've got character.... they have shown oodles of it all season. Bollox to those who ever doubt it. Win lose or draw tomorrow and our boys have nothing more to prove. They've been wonderful

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
They don't need to show that they've got character.... they have shown oodles of it all season. Bollox to those who ever doubt it. Win lose or draw tomorrow and our boys have nothing more to prove. They've been wonderful

They have one more thing to prove, that they are the best in this league.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010

No one is doubting their character but they do have one more step to take, to crown a memorable season. They had momentum. Five straight wins swept them to promotion. No one wants to see the season fizzle out on the back of three straight defeats. It will just take the edge off of a superb effort.
You clearly fall into the camp of those that are happy with promotion and have got the deckchair out after the Wigan game. Others, including myself feel that all their hard work deserves to be rewarded with the title and we are desperate for them to win it. It is the final accolade.

Gully Forever

May 9, 2011
The Sun newspaper today quotes"DREAMERS, Lets not be twits, lets be champions".

we were SEVEN points clear at the top with 3 games remaining, They blew it, They already are TWITS.

Headline Tomorrow,. Will read CHUMPS. I'm so pissed off. I can't explain it.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
No one is doubting their character but they do have one more step to take, to crown a memorable season. They had momentum. Five straight wins swept them to promotion. No one wants to see the season fizzle out on the back of three straight defeats. It will just take the edge off of a superb effort.
You clearly fall into the camp of those that are happy with promotion and have got the deckchair out after the Wigan game. Others, including myself feel that all their hard work deserves to be rewarded with the title and we are desperate for them to win it. It is the final accolade.

I must have misread the title of the thread, and first post.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
In the grand scheme of things, whatever happens tomorrow doesn't REALLY matter. Yes it would be nice to win the title for all sorts of people in and around the club, but the REAL victory was clinching promotion to the top tier of English football against some serious competition.

Coming back after last season showed character. Working together as a team that, on paper, possibly isn't the best in the league takes character. Being focused up until the point where promotion was confirmed takes character.

If we are second at the end of the day tomorrow, I won't think anything less of the players or the club at all. They've already done us proud.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Character got us here,passion and desire will lift the trophy.

warmleyseagull

Apr 17, 2011
Beaminster, Dorset
A chance for history. Our first second tier title. A place on the club honours board. A trophy and a medal. A glorious finale to a season that has seen this team dig as deep as any I have witnessed in 50 years. They have clung on in games that they had no right to still be in. They have survived batterings from teams and still got points. They were cruelly robbed of something at home against their biggest rivals by a ridiculous fluke. They dusted themselves down and got on with the job. Yes, they have gone off the boil for two games but all is not lost. I know its not going to be easy for them to lift themselves for one last push but surely they don't want to end the season with a whimper.
Lets hope that they make a statement with a thumping good win and show the character that we know is in this side. Lets all walk away from Villa Park proud and triumphant and excited about the next challenge, not with heads bowed and mumblings about what might have been. Defiant and decisive. Calm and clinical.
Cmon my proud boys, seize the moment and give everything and more and you will prevail. Show more desire and hunger than them. Our fans will shout and sing themselves hoarse and drag the lads with them until the job is done. They deserve this one last accolade. They have worked all season for it. Lets make it happen.

I can hear Jerusalem.

Bob'n'weave

Nov 18, 2016
Nr Lewes
Do it for Chris. You've had your fun on the piss for a week so sort yourselves out and go get the gaffer the silverware. punish:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here