Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Crystal Palace- do you want them to stay up?

Do you want the Palace to stay up / go down?

• Stay up

Votes: 52 24.6%
  • Go down

Votes: 159 75.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I dont care either way as which ever will not affect us greatly only a few deluded supporters.

As the chant goes "Stand up if you hate Palace" and very few stand up.

Seagulltonian

C'mon the Albion!
Oct 2, 2003
Still Somewhere in Sussex!
What's the point in having a rival if you never meet :shrug:

This!!

It will be nice to renew the rivalry, and time to put these Palace upstarts back in their place!
And undoubtedly two games that will be selected for coverage next season :wink:

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Couldn't give a toss TBH.
Albion getting promotion is all about Albion getting promotion, not on the premise that we'll be playing them up the road.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
I would like them to stay up. Then I would like BFS to spend vast amounts of money buying over rated mercenaries and pay them even vaster inflated salaries whilst leeching his own vast cut of the deals. I'd like this to continue for several transfer windows until they get relegated in two or three seasons time. Upon arriving in the championship they will thus have a shit squad rammed full of players on six figure weekly salaries who are neither good enough to win promotion nor willing to move on. This should hopefully lead to admin number three and a plummet down the leagues into obscurity.

Fingers crossed...

hopkins

Banned
Nov 6, 2003
Brighton
How can anybody say they don't want to play Palace next year ?! Unreal mentality. They are our rivals, we want to beat them and embarrass them every opportunity we get. The apathy towards this thread and Palace is shocking. Not real Albion fans :wanker:

The red pepper kid

Dec 30, 2014
:clap::clap::clap:
How can anybody say they don't want to play Palace next year ?! Unreal mentality. They are our rivals, we want to beat them and embarrass them every opportunity we get. The apathy towards this thread and Palace is shocking. Not real Albion fans :wanker:

jeez every time I go there I help to start renovating their shite ground by getting the clear out work on the toilets underway---anyone got any picks of this event ?

Murray 17

Jul 6, 2003
I would like them to stay up. Then I would like BFS to spend vast amounts of money buying over rated mercenaries and pay them even vaster inflated salaries whilst leeching his own vast cut of the deals. I'd like this to continue for several transfer windows until they get relegated in two or three seasons time. Upon arriving in the championship they will thus have a shit squad rammed full of players on six figure weekly salaries who are neither good enough to win promotion nor willing to move on. This should hopefully lead to admin number three and a plummet down the leagues into obscurity.

Fingers crossed...
I think the first part of your master plan is already happening!

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
couldnt-care-less.jpg

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath

They are not traditionally our rivals that honour is held by Portsmouth since as long as I can remember the rivalry with Palace was only brought about by our cup games with them during Mullery's time. But them I am not a proper fan and havent been since 1945/6

Geoffbn2

Feb 2, 2014
who really cares ? maybe it'll speed up the next admin and we can all see CPFC2018/ 19 / 20 rise from the ashes and crash through the leagues:lol:

hopkins

Banned
Nov 6, 2003
Brighton
They are not traditionally our rivals that honour is held by Portsmouth since as long as I can remember the rivalry with Palace was only brought about by our cup games with them during Mullery's time. But them I am not a proper fan and havent been since 1945/6

Pompey-Southampton
Brighton-Palace

It's not the length of the rivalry, it's the rivalry. This board is infested with dullards.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
But them I am not a proper fan and havent been since 1945/6

Yo don't remember any of these games then?

11 Sep 1946 Crystal Palace v Brighton and Hove Albion L 1-0 Division Three (South)
03 May 1947 Brighton and Hove Albion v Crystal Palace W 1-0 Division Three (South)
04 Oct 1947 Brighton and Hove Albion v Crystal Palace D 1-1 Division Three (South)
12 Apr 1948 Crystal Palace v Brighton and Hove Albion D 0-0 Division Three (South)
16 Oct 1948 Crystal Palace v Brighton and Hove Albion W 0-2 Division Three (South)
12 Mar 1949 Brighton and Hove Albion v Crystal Palace D 1-1 Division Three (South)
07 Jan 1950 Brighton and Hove Albion v Crystal Palace D 0-0 Division Three (South)
11 Feb 1950 Crystal Palace v Brighton and Hove Albion L 6-0 Division Three (South)
23 Sep 1950 Crystal Palace v Brighton and Hove Albion W 0-2 Division Three (South)
03 Feb 1951 Brighton and Hove Albion v Crystal Palace W 1-0 Division Three (South)
25 Dec 1951 Crystal Palace v Brighton and Hove Albion W 1-2 Division Three (South)
26 Dec 1951 Brighton and Hove Albion v Crystal Palace W 4-3 Division Three (South)
23 Aug 1952 Brighton and Hove Albion v Crystal Palace W 4-1 Division Three (South)
20 Dec 1952 Crystal Palace v Brighton and Hove Albion L 2-1 Division Three (South)
13 Mar 1954 Brighton and Hove Albion v Crystal Palace W 3-0 Division Three (South)
28 Apr 1954 Crystal Palace v Brighton and Hove Albion D 1-1 Division Three (South)
13 Nov 1954 Brighton and Hove Albion v Crystal Palace W 1-0 Division Three (South)
02 Apr 1955 Crystal Palace v Brighton and Hove Albion L 1-0 Division Three (South)
10 Sep 1955 Crystal Palace v Brighton and Hove Albion W 1-2 Division Three (South)
14 Jan 1956 Brighton and Hove Albion v Crystal Palace W 5-0 Division Three (South)
19 Apr 1957 Crystal Palace v Brighton and Hove Albion D 2-2 Division Three (South)
22 Apr 1957 Brighton and Hove Albion v Crystal Palace D 1-1 Division Three (South)
23 Nov 1957 Crystal Palace v Brighton and Hove Albion W 2-4 Division Three (South)
22 Mar 1958 Brighton and Hove Albion v Crystal Palace W 3-2 Division Three (South)
01 Sep 1962 Crystal Palace v Brighton and Hove Albion D 2-2 League Division Three

The game at the end is sort of known as the game that started the rivalry as Palace had just come down from the Top Flight,it was first game of the season and they had a large following.

Before then fans for some reason saw Reading and Portsmouth as rivals-in a sense we should be rival-less and insignificant to some respect,for this reason it's a honor (for me personally) that Palace see us as rivals,no matter what one thinks of them..

Edit: one of the first games>? not sure

Del Fenner

Because of Boxing Day
Sep 5, 2011
An Away Terrace
01 Sep 1962 Crystal Palace v Brighton and Hove Albion D 2-2 League Division Three

The game at the end is sort of known as the game that started the rivalry as Palace had just come down from the Top Flight,it was first game of the season and they had a large following.

Are you thinking of August 1974?

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Are you thinking of August 1974?

Yes,that's the one.... :thumbsup: i was only 1 at the time though :lolol:

I have voted for Palace to go down btw.... although i'm happy to play a few derbies if required.

Spicy

We're going up.
Dec 18, 2003
London
Down, down and stay down. I have put up with crap from Palace fans at work for too long so would like to exact some revenge.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here