Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

O/T - Who writes this stuff?

PeterOut

Aug 16, 2016
Apologies - as a long-term lurker (but only recently decided to 'dive into the pool' and post a comment or two), I feel I ought to have seen a thread on this before. But I can't find one, so....

Who is it that makes the comments on a thread? By that, I mean the comment that pops up if you hover the mouse over the small icon that is (sometimes) next to the icon that shows there is an attachment.
For me, the thread title is on the left - if I hover the mouse over that, I see the opening sentence or so. The next thing, reading left to right, is this occasional icon (not all threads have them), with comments that appear if you hover over that. To the right of that is the paperclip icon, then time / date etc.

Feel free to point me back to a previous thread if this has been covered before... :shrug:

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
I stand to be corrected, and have never availed myself of the functionality, but I believe they are added using the "Tags for this Thread" option at the very bottom of the page when you open a thread.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
I stand to be corrected, and have never availed myself of the functionality, but I believe they are added using the "Tags for this Thread" option at the very bottom of the page when you open a thread.

Blimey - you're RIGHT!

I've just added my own tag to the 'Second Shirt Sponsor for Next Season' thread as an experiment :)

PeterOut

Aug 16, 2016
Well spotted AZ - top of the class for you :bowdown::bowdown:

OK, follow up question - how do we see who made a tag? Can they be removed / added to / amended?

PeterOut

Aug 16, 2016
Well spotted AZ - top of the class for you :bowdown::bowdown:

OK, follow up question - how do we see who made a tag? Can they be removed / added to / amended?

Doh! To answer my own question, there is a button to the far right (very bottom right corner of page)

Thanks again AZ - I still seem to be able to learn something new every day :)

Brok

😐
Dec 26, 2011
Only just recently learnt to get 20 posts per page.
Makes things easier.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here