Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Second shirt sponsor next season?

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
The Premier League have decided to allow shirt sleeve sponsorship for 2017/18 onwards.

Manchester City have already signed such a deal, worth an estimated £5m. United are hoping for £15-20m.

Some existing sponsors may have clauses that prevent any extra logos on shirts, but we could end up with something alongside Amex next season on the shirt.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
The Premier League have decided to allow shirt sleeve sponsorship for 2017/18 onwards.

Manchester City have already signed such a deal, worth an estimated £5m. United are hoping for £15-20m.

Some existing sponsors may have clauses that prevent any extra logos on shirts, but we could end up with something alongside Amex next season on the shirt.

Visa on the left arm, Mastercard on the right

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
In a sort-of-related point, I understand that 1 minute (per game for the season) on the funky pitchside video boards cost £5,000 this season.

Next season it goes up to £55,000 per minute.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Don't some PL clubs have exclusivity rights with their main sponsors, which may be difficult for other sponsors to come in?

Bigtomfu

Jul 25, 2003
Harrow
In a sort-of-related point, I understand that 1 minute (per game for the season) on the funky pitchside video boards cost £5,000 this season.

Holy shitsnacks that's a lot of MOOLAH.

Which reminds me [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION] what Prem improvements will YOU be making to NSC?!

I demand a CHEESE forum and HEATED keyboards otherwise I'll be flying a metaphorical "BOZZA OUT" banner sooner than you can say "lap blankets for the 1901 club please" Bozza.

LANGDON SEAGULL

Dec 9, 2004
Langdon Hills
I believe Amex have an exclusivity deal for shirt sponsorship, so unlikely to have another sponsor , as is the case on our EFL shirts

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

I guess that rules out the local restaurants and firms of solicitors that have been up there this season then, in favour of China-based online gambling sites.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I guess that rules out the local restaurants and firms of solicitors that have been up there this season then, in favour of China-based online gambling sites.

Sorry - I should have added: I also understand the club have retained the existing pricing structure for existing advertisers. Quite how many etc, I do not know.

A mex eyecan

Nov 3, 2011

and whilst the club will need to make as much as possible when they can, it will be a shame if those that helped out over the years by advertising, sponsoring etc when the club could not attract 'bigger/better' deals now no longer get a ' slot ' owing to them not having the financial budget to match the Premier league.

A mex eyecan

Nov 3, 2011
and whilst the club will need to make as much as possible when they can, it will be a shame if those that helped out over the years by advertising, sponsoring etc when the club could not attract 'bigger/better' deals now no longer get a ' slot ' owing to them not having the financial budget to match the Premier league.

i wouldn't have said this if i'd seen Bozzas post ,

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker

I want Turners Removals (and Coal Merchants) of Uckfield and the Laughing Fish, Isfield.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I want Turners Removals (and Coal Merchants) of Uckfield and the Laughing Fish, Isfield.

I can't think of many of the existing ones, but I do remember seeing Latino America (Argentinian restaurant in Hove, frequented by many of the players) up there recently.

Be weird seeing foreign language adverts next season, as seems likely for some televised games.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Tank Top Shop
For all your tank top needs

(second times a charm)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here