Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Villa's injury list

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
If we expect to be Champions we need to be able to beat any team in this league in a one off game. Simple really. If we can't do it having been given three chances then we don't deserve it anyway.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
That means that those fringe players will be busting a gut to remain in employment for next season if contracts not already secured
Are you hoping we'll be fielding a few gutbusting fringe players in our team?

Exile

Objective but passionate
Aug 10, 2014
Seems the following players are all out

Agbonlahor, Steer, Kozak, Green, Bjarnason, Hutton, Jedinak, Kodjia, De Laet, Hepburn Murphy, Bunn, Lyden.

Still leaves plenty who can hurt us;

Scott Hogan who has destroyed us once this season
Jack Grealish who ran the game when he came on at the Amex
Albert Adomah who could be laughing at us on the last day, two years running
Henri Lansbury
Connor Hourihane

Even Gary sodding Gardner is capable of hitting the top corner from 30 yards.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
That means that those fringe players will be busting a gut to remain in employment for next season if contracts not already secured

By my reckoning, a hefty number of those listed aren't first team regulars anyway (and I think two are reserve keepers!). It's not dissimilar to us claiming a massive injury crisis and then including Towell, LuaLua, Adekugbe, White, Mäenpaä, Norwood, O'Grady and Ankergren in the list.

There are some decent players there, but a lot of squad fillers.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I do hope Albert Adomah plays, however. Ideally we win, then our players can show him their medals and ask the coach driver to follow HIS car out of the stadium, laughing and waving. Just to see how he likes it...

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Starts off eleven v eleven ..play to something like our ability and we can beat them no matter what team they shove out the changing room door

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
Don't let the team see this, they will think it will be easy, get even more complacent, if that's possible and then bang, 2nd.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Villa win 1 - 0, with Elphick scoring the goal, just our luck.

Would be better us winning 1-0 and Elphick getting 2nd yellow for disputing an 88th minute penalty that he conceded to give him his first. The 2nd yellow would be disputing it to remove any thought that the penalty was deliberate.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Would be better us winning 1-0 and Elphick getting 2nd yellow for disputing an 88th minute penalty that he conceded to give him his first. The 2nd yellow would be disputing it to remove any thought that the penalty was deliberate.

Or for you BG - Gaetan Bong getting the winner to silence his critics

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Think the lads have just been messing with us. Newcastle away 79 revisited I reckon

Maybe your right. Maybe we were destined to win it in this match but we got too far ahead too soon that we needed to mess around so that it could be won on the last day

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Some will say he was poor and should have scored 2 or 3 no matter if he scored one and had 2 assists with crosses.

Doesn't matter who wins it so long as we win it. I would love Jamie to get the winner and lots of others would like to see their favourite player do it but in the end we all agree on one thing. We just want to win it.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
My wish list for the weekend:

1. A win at Villa
2. Announcement of Stockdale signing a new contract
3. Announcement of Stephens signing a new contract

Not sure of the order of preference of 2 and 3, ideally both after a win at Villa.

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
Its all about the Elphick own goal in the 8th minute of injury time with Newcastle already celebrating the title

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
I think the main issue is who is up against Knocky. If it is an untried youngster it is certainly to our advantage. Elsewhere I am not so sure. It is more what we do rather than them.

Only if Knocky decides to show up.
His last three outings have been decidedly ordinary and he has definitely switched off. Lets hope he can focus for one more big push.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here