Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How many to Villa?

The Original

Jan 25, 2010
50.83295°N 0.26815°W
Seems unlikely.
There would not have been enough on the waiting list and the club would have been forced to make an announcement, to ensure they were all sold. These sound like comps that have been returned.

But they did make an announcement....

http://www.seagulls.co.uk/news/article/2016-17/brighton-hove-albion-aston-villa-3670701.aspx

A number of tickets were sold on the original waitlist (1110+ points), and then a second waitlist batch went on sale very briefly to those on 1050+ points on the morning of 13/4. I know this as I purchased as part of the 1050+ batch.

Claude samdamme

Mar 8, 2014

D

Deleted User X18H

Ours were delivered quite by surprise earlier this week.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Football is so rich it doesn't need walk up on the day fans. Been like that for years. Poor poor Villa with their parachute payments and don't need 8k more bums on seats.

pottert

Aug 12, 2009
Peacehaven
I reckon at least another 1000 scattered around Villa park.I know of 20.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
They must have done it before - for Cup games for example - so it can't have been beyond their collective wit. It does seem oddly churlish - especially if those of us lucky enough to have tickets see plenty of empty seats in the stadium on Sunday.

Could that be because there would be no ST holders with advance purchase tickets for seats in certain areas of the ground for cup games, making it easier to change where they sell to visiting supporters (hand over more seats to visiting fans by allocating a different stand than normal for away fans?)

Do they sell ST's to the blocks next to our fans which means they would have to move them away to get our fans in there?

el punal

Shame that thought Villa may have given us a few hundred more as it would be definite money in their pocket. Unless they sell all their home tickets that's like chucking money away for them.

I've been looking at the Villa fans forum - Villa Talk - and many of their posters are amazed at their club's intransigence in selling us more tickets. Many have suggested that their North Stand should have allocated solely to Brighton fans with their season ticket holders relocated to other areas. More telling though, is the upper tier of the Trinity Road (main stand) is not being used for this season. This would have been ideal as it would have been segregated from home fans, and I believe, is capable of holding up to 7,000 fans. Still, why let a bit of financial common sense in gaining more revenue get in the way of sheer pig-headedness from a debt ridden dinosaur.

el punal

I was on the waitlist and got allocated a seat(s) in Doug Ellis Lower, Block Q3. A friend in a similar position was also allocated a seat in the same block as was another person on here. Unless anyone who bought from the original allocation was seated in Q3 I would anticipate Villa opened up another full block for away fans. How many that holds though I don't know.

I was on the waiting list, and like you, have a ticket in Q3. I think it is the block on the lower tier of the Doug Ellis Stand in the corner adjacent to the Villa North Stand.

pottert

Aug 12, 2009
Peacehaven
As pissed off as I am about Villa's
Stance on tickets I'm sure they had requests from many clubs this season for more tickets.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here