Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ray Wilkins on TalkShite this morning.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Leaving work this morning I tuned into TalkShite, started listening to a very cringe worthy moment where RW was talking to a Sun journo on the Rashford free kick last night v Celtic Vigo.
Basically accusing the journo of having no knowledge of football :lolol:
The journo replied in saying "how dare you and who are you to say these things".
It culminated in RW issuing an apology several times, and that it was him apologising, and not for TalkShite.
Did anyone here this comedy moment.
It's not that often you hear someone digging a hole live on radio :)

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
Yeah I heard it. Was very funny!
Initially the journo (Sun football writer Neil Custis?) accused RW of being ridiculous and talking nonsense.
RW responded and questioned NC knowledge of football.. unfortunately for RW it sort of came out like 'as you've not played the game, you don't know what you are talking about'.. I genuinely don't think he meant it that way, it was more of a dig at the original comment from NC who pretty much said RW was talking b0ll0cks

Anyway, NC really through teddy out of the pram saying how insulted he was, and RW apologised about 5 times!

Good radio nonetheless!

el punal

Leaving work this morning I tuned into TalkShite, started listening to a very cringe worthy moment where RW was talking to a Sun journo on the Rashford free kick last night v Celtic Vigo.
The journo replied in saying "how dare you and who are you to say these things".
It culminated in RW issuing an apology several times, and that it was him apologising, and not for TalkShite.

Diane Abbott did. :lolol:

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick

No didn't hear it but listen to the "sage" on SSN and I end up just not hearing what he's saying and comparing his visage to Uncle Fester.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patreon
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Just heard this on Twitter, sorry I can't do a link.
Sounded like the wet wipe from the Sun was going to burst into tears. :)

Frankie

Put him in the curry
May 23, 2016
Mid west Wales
Probably the first time he hasn't said what a lovely young man to somebody .

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
I guess he hasn't got to worry about driving these days, so why not start before breakfast.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
I still try to listen to TalkSport but it is becoming a harder and harder listen because of things like this. They only put Wilkins on for this sort of thing, he makes a fool out of himself every time. He has been clearly drunk on air a number of times, I actually think it's cruel that they keep doing this to him, the man is ill.

Brazil is also an absolute CJTC, a dinosaur, a nasty piece of work and should be taken off the air. Thank god for H and J and Danny Kelly, the only presenters that can add respectability to the station (along with some good news reporters and producers who have very good taste in football clubs!).

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
I still try to listen to TalkSport but it is becoming a harder and harder listen because of things like this. They only put Wilkins on for this sort of thing, he makes a fool out of himself every time. He has been clearly drunk on air a number of times, I actually think it's cruel that they keep doing this to him, the man is ill.

Brazil is also an absolute CJTC, a dinosaur, a nasty piece of work and should be taken off the air. Thank god for H and J and Danny Kelly, the only presenters that can add respectability to the station (along with some good news reporters and producers who have very good taste in football clubs!).

As I've said before, it's a real shame that in a country that loves its sport we can't have a credible, non-commercial 24/7 talk radio show dedicated to sport. Even Ian Wright and Kelly Cates on 606 are pretty dire imho.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
I find if I do a bit of Talksport, followed by some LBC, then I am ready to rip somebody's head off by lunchtime. Radio 2 is much more soothing.

It's weird, but even though Talksport is obviously much much worse, there's something about Jeremy Vine's voice that could easily turn me into a homicidal maniac if there wasn't an off switch.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Had talkShite on in last 20 minutes.

Bob Mills (another dinosaur) said that "this time tomorrow, well, this time Saturday night, Newcastle could be Champions"

oooooookay

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Ray Wilkins is a complete tool these days, and talksport need to be a bit careful having their presenters say journalists know nothing about the sport - since about 60 per cent of their airtime is filled with, err, calling journalists for their views. Without them they'd actually have to employ some producers/editors/better presenters and pundits.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here