Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Latest Southern farce

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
At least Southern is very good at one thing...

.... providing great material for stand up comics

The Stout Yeoman

Master Farter
Aug 14, 2003
59 Le Petomane Boulevard
Just had an email from them saying that from the start of the new timetable, there will be no trains out of Victoria after midnight, Sunday to Thursday. I get the impression that they'll extend a couple of Thameslinks from Three Bridges to Brighton, but if you live on the Coastway West or East then you're buggered if you want a midweek trip to the theatre, etc.

When did you last go to the theatre ?

mothy

Dec 30, 2012
Digging this one out as I'm looking at the 2018 timetable plans - or rather trying to.

The southern website has lots of helpful information from the gtr consultation (which I appear to have missed) about the future timetable - none of which answers what I want to know.

They have a very helpful side by side station analysis which shows the number of trains per hour that are current & proposes between destinations - worth a look - except my route seems to not exist. Hove to clapham junction (one of the benefits of hove over Brighton is that clj is served by all Victoria trains. This has me worried they will be scrapping it - which would not be an improvement for me.

Has anyone seen this or other route changes or seen a draft timetable etc?

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
Digging this one out as I'm looking at the 2018 timetable plans - or rather trying to.

The southern website has lots of helpful information from the gtr consultation (which I appear to have missed) about the future timetable - none of which answers what I want to know.

They have a very helpful side by side station analysis which shows the number of trains per hour that are current & proposes between destinations - worth a look - except my route seems to not exist. Hove to clapham junction (one of the benefits of hove over Brighton is that clj is served by all Victoria trains. This has me worried they will be scrapping it - which would not be an improvement for me.

Try this instead: https://www.transformingrail.com

It seems to have more route options available.

Simgull

Jan 3, 2013
Hove

When I looked it seemed number of services (Hove to CLJ) remains the same but times are slightly different.. journey time to London is a few minutes longer but coming back slightly shorter. That's progress for you.

Whether anything ever runs on time is of course another matter.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
When I looked it seemed number of services (Hove to CLJ) remains the same but times are slightly different.. journey time to London is a few minutes longer but coming back slightly shorter. That's progress for you.

Whether anything ever runs on time is of course another matter.

Argh. My train in will arrive 5 minutes later to Victoria. Lucky I haven't got a tight connection that they already struggle to make. Oh, wait, I have.... :rant:

Cheers for the link [MENTION=7271]Postman Pat[/MENTION] :thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here