Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Which of the current squad do you think might surprise us next season?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Talking of Wiki, it records Sam as five foot seven. My dad was five foot seven. That can't be right :shrug:

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
We should compile a list of players who were a bit average in the Championship but went onto shine in the Premier League. Those players you thought couldn't make it, but proved everyone wrong. I suppose Vardy is the most obvious example. Championship 12/13 4 goals 26apps, 13/14 16 goals 37 apps. Who could honestly see him getting the goals he's got and international caps. When we paid £3m for CMS, he was in the Conference North!

D

Deleted member 2719

Skalak and Murphy will be polishing everyone's boots.

March and Baldock will kick ass.

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
We should compile a list of players who were a bit average in the Championship but went onto shine in the Premier League. Those players you thought couldn't make it, but proved everyone wrong. I suppose Vardy is the most obvious example. Championship 12/13 4 goals 26apps, 13/14 16 goals 37 apps. Who could honestly see him getting the goals he's got and international caps. When we paid £3m for CMS, he was in the Conference North!

You mean Vardy was in the Conference North - Shame we didn't take a punt on him rather than CMS. Also a shame we didn't take a punt on Virgil Van Djyk (spelling) who we could have had for peanuts but didn't ! - I think we offered something like £1.5m and Groenigen would have sold/did sell for not much more than that !

Watching now to see what happens with Omar Bogle (Grimsby to Wigan)

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Not many unfortunately

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I cannot understand all this hype about Skalak being the best passer of the ball in the club. I think that he will struggle to make the starting XI and in fact wouldnt be surprised if he was put on the transfer list.

JCL666

absurdism
Sep 23, 2011

From a Brighton perspective I'd say Ashley Barnes. He's been absolutely panned by people on here but has now played for 2 seasons in the Premier League (obviously I'm excluding the season he was injured).

Although he hasn't been a prolific goal scorer, he's integral to how Burnley play and wins tons of free kicks (he's something like the 3rd most fouled player in the top division).

If you look at him as an example or even Burnley for that matter I'd say there's a good chance that plenty from our current squad will surprise us next season.

If I were to pick one player it would be Murray.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Skalak
Bong
Hemed
Norwood
March

In their respective positions, each will terrorise their PL opponents. As a result, a top half finish beckons, regardless of whether we sign anyone decent this summer.

How many of those do you think will start 30 + games next season? I do not think many if any will.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Skalak
Bong
Hemed
Norwood
March

In their respective positions, each will terrorise their PL opponents. As a result, a top half finish beckons, regardless of whether we sign anyone decent this summer.

I'm having 2 sides of the same conversation, with myself, across 2 threads (£50k) :lol: :facepalm:

Not only would it be stupid to offload contracted players when the club already has to pay comparatively massive wages to the players it needs to buy.

What's the current value of Hemed, Skalak & Norwood verses the future value any 1 those players should they be able to produce anything next season?
Sorry I'm going to back away from each will terrorise their PL opponents but with the mean standard relatively low when compared to the sums of money on offer, all the current players ought to be allowed to try and prove themselves.

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
If we play 3 in midfield, Norwood. He is the best passer in the squad by some way. If we play 2 in midfield, he will hardy play sadly. I would also love to see Skalak step up. I suspect he may not get a chance though.

Where are these myths coming from?
You get more time in the premier league
Skalak delivery is top notch
Both utter rubbish

The myth about Norwood's passing is the one I do not get. He gives the ball away CONSTANTLY. His passing accuracy is actually shocking.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Sam could be our Ashley Barnes, hemed could rough up a few teams up but I doubt he will score many.

But To answer the ops initial question I'm going for Rich T.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here