Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

KODI.... Kodi users could get TEN years in prison because of controversial new law

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
It's not the price of the film I particularly object to. It's the £8.80 for popcorn worth about 6p
I agree that cinema prices are too high, but you said "It's their own ****ing fault people pirate their piece of shit films" and it's the cinema charging those prices, not the film makers whose film you're stealing.

If I wanted an OLED telly, whatever that is, I would pay the going rate because I doubt it costs 9p to produce.
As I say, I think cinema prices are too high, but I do understand their prices. Cinemas take up a lot of space so their buildings must cost a fortune. I don't think cinemas are raking it in.

I don't think we need many cinemas any more, the quality of viewing at home has increased and the cost of running a cinema is too much.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I agree that cinema prices are too high, but you said "It's their own ****ing fault people pirate their piece of shit films" and it's the cinema charging those prices, not the film makers whose film you're stealing.

As I say, I think cinema prices are too high, but I do understand their prices. Cinemas take up a lot of space so their buildings must cost a fortune. I don't think cinemas are raking it in.

I don't think we need many cinemas any more, the quality of viewing at home has increased and the cost of running a cinema is too much.

I agree that cinema should must cost a fortune to run but I hope we don't lose them. One of my greatest pleasures in life is going to the pictures. Since I was a Child going to watch Empire Strikes Back, Temple of Doom, Ghostbusters etc. On my own or with friends, it's a joy for me. But the cost is painful.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I agree that cinema should must cost a fortune to run but I hope we don't lose them. One of my greatest pleasures in life is going to the pictures. Since I was a Child going to watch Empire Strikes Back, Temple of Doom, Ghostbusters etc. On my own or with friends, it's a joy for me. But the cost is painful.
I think we'll just have fewer of them, and they'll be out of town centres. I'd expect the value of land to be less at the marina than where the Odeon is. When I do go, we just don't buy all the popcorn and shit. We have more of that when watching a film at home.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I think we'll just have fewer of them, and they'll be out of town centres. I'd expect the value of land to be less at the marina than where the Odeon is. When I do go, we just don't buy all the popcorn and shit. We have more of that when watching a film at home.

I tend to go to the Dome in Worthing on weekdays it's £3. Plus it's a stunning cinema.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
It's not the price of the film I particularly object to. It's the £8.80 for popcorn worth about 6p (plus overheads obvs) and a bucket of pop made from syrup that would cost about 3p.

so you condone copying films because of the cost of popcorn and fizz? :ffsparr:

as you have discovered from the cost at the Dome, the cost of cinema are not from the film makers but the big chain cinemas charing a lot.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here