Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Jermain Defoe

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
He would have 20 goals for united this season.

But he must be sh1te because he doesn't get paid £200K per week or cost upwards of £36million?!

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Hasn't Defoe failed to score in his last 10 to 15 games (not sure exactly)?

I think we can do better than bringing in Defoe.

LOL, the bloke scores 29 goals at a ratio of 1 in 2 for a sh1t team, long after the rest of his team have jacked it in and resigned themselves to relegation. It's testament to his professionalism he hasn't already picked up a "niggling injury" that will rule him out for the rest of this futile season.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Are you saying Defoe would be a first team regular for Man United?

Can't you read? I said there's not a Prem side who wouldn't have Defoe in their SQUAD. And yes, if Mourinho wanted to play 4-4-2 then Defoe would be a damn sight more productive alongside Ibrahimovic than any of the show ponies on his bench at present.

wakeytom

Apr 14, 2011
The Hacienda
Some interesting comments on here - £80k a week for a quality striker like Defoe I would suspect is well within Brightons wage structure for next season - at least one or two 'marquee' players will earn that at a guess and Defoe ticks that box.

His rate of goals at Sunderland is outstanding and having watched all games this season he is one of only a couple who have tried - especially over the past couple of months, his recent lack of goals is down to those around him - he cannot do it all.

Why do people think Bournemouth are the new Pompey - I suspect given the new TV money they are living well within their means, number of fans in your ground means nothing at all. This goes back to the German situation where season tickets are £150 a season which they should be here - basically covering the costs of staffing the game (non playing staff) as ticket sales will barely cover one decent purchase these days (signing on fee not including wages)

CAPTAIN GREALISH

Jan 6, 2010
Some interesting comments on here - £80k a week for a quality striker like Defoe I would suspect is well within Brightons wage structure for next season - at least one or two 'marquee' players will earn that at a guess and Defoe ticks that box.

His rate of goals at Sunderland is outstanding and having watched all games this season he is one of only a couple who have tried - especially over the past
Why do people think Bournemouth are the new Pompey - I suspect given the new TV money they are living well within their means, number of fans in your ground means nothing at all. This goes back to the German situation where season tickets are £150 a season which they should be here - basically covering the costs of staffing the game (non playing staff) as ticket sales will barely cover one decent purchase these days (signing on fee not including wages)
not a hope in hell

HantsSeagull

Aug 17, 2011
Caught in a Riptide

His rate of goals at Sunderland is outstanding and having watched all games this season he is one of only a couple who have tried - especially over the past couple of months, his recent lack of goals is down to those around him - he cannot do it all.

i think not

Invicta

NSC Patreon
Nov 1, 2013
Kent
I'd hope they don't pay one player £80k. Won't impress the other 25 in the squad - Burnley don't pay above £35k apparently and they are surviving

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
You do not think that Brighton will be paying at least one player a minimum of £80k next season in the PL with the new TV money? That is madness

Really? We are not Manchester United. Our entire first team wage bill next year will be around £35,000,000. That averages £26,900 per week per player in a 25 man first team squad.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here