Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Interview with Bruno in Catalan newspaper

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
But he also played under Poyet, Garcia and now under Hughton. I wouldn't have said that Hughton was particularly kick and rush. Actually, I know he isn't. So even after all that, he still thinks it's not as technical. I was a little disheartened after reading it.

I'm hoping that he means that Italian football is a chess match = it's dull.
Spanish is less of a chess match, more about passion and such = it's more exciting
English football is a lot of kick and rush, pace and power, high tempo and goal, goal, goal = "The best League in the World" TM

That's probably why we don't get anywhere in International Football.

Aug 11, 2003
The Open Market
Hope he gets to amend that, not exactly very respectful to the core support.

The translation itself isn't great so misinterpretation is probable.

What he is saying is that Brighton - the local team - is everyone's first team. That's quite often not the case in Spain (Real Madrid or Barcelona THEN the local team over there is quite common), and he's highlighting the cultural difference. He's also saying there are some people who do have Chelsea / Man U etc as a second team. That's not disrespectful to those who don't - it's a fact of life about those who do.

Aug 11, 2003
The Open Market
But he also played under Poyet, Garcia and now under Hughton. I wouldn't have said that Hughton was particularly kick and rush. Actually, I know he isn't. So even after all that, he still thinks it's not as technical. I was a little disheartened after reading it.

Not sure why you should be. Bruno is right, Spanish football is technically and tactically superior. English football, while having a certain amount of those, is more concerned with the physical. Not exclusively, of course, just... more so.

However, the technical aspects of those managers you mention would be one of the reasons why - given the choice - Bruno has chosen to stay at Brighton, rather than go anywhere else in England. He could have gone back to Spain, but as he says, the money's better here.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here