Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brighton to be presented trophy at Villa?

timco

Jul 5, 2003
Birmingham

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
I thought we won the title after the Wigan game.

No, that game meant we 'won' at least £100,000,000.00 to spend as we see fit.

The champions win a cup worth about £5,000.00.

I,m quite happy we focused all our efforts on the first item. The second one is just a bit of fun.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
With Leeds being almost equidistant between Newcastle and Villa, why not have the trophy there so the fans of the biggest club in the world can look at it before it is flown off to whoever wins it in a helicopter :)

Baker lite

Banned
Mar 16, 2017
in my house
Thought we'd already won the league?
Why else would injured payers be crowd surfing on trains or charging down West st on a bank holiday Monday?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Thought we'd already won the league?
Why else would injured payers be crowd surfing on trains or charging down West st on a bank holiday Monday?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Seriously. This is getting boring now. Winning promotion was a huge thing. We've never been in the Premier League and not been in the top flight for 34 years. Would you rather the players just went straight home after the Wigan game?

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
http://www.theargus.co.uk/sport/152..._Albion_if_they_win_at_Villa_Park/?ref=twtrec

Thought this wasn't allowed anymore since Bournemouth at Charlton a few years ago?

"A few years"? It was only two seasons ago, where Bournemouth were awarded the trophy at the Valley.

Burnley missed out on the same joy last season at the Football League's insistence, but that was purely because of the ongoing protests by Charlton fans against the club's owners and the fear they would ruin any celebrations.

Other than that, plenty of teams have received trophies at other club's grounds. The only reason for not doing it would be in similar circumstances as above, or, I imagine, if a club were to win the title at the ground of a deadly rival.

Or at Millwall maybe :wink:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

northernseagull

Mar 12, 2013
Do runners up also get a trophy? (noticed Bolton received a runners up trophy) Cue a guaranteed trophy presentation at Villa! Proud of the lads either way but a Winners trophy would put the icing on the cake.

LU7 RED

Nov 5, 2010
Leighton Buzzard
And it was all very civilised at Charlton, as you would expect. Well - there was a bit of aggro down the main drag where the pubs are after, but the club did themselves proud that day. But I presume they will be able to give you the trophy at Villa OK? They'll be fine and quite pleased Newcastle didn't win it I presume also...

Good point RE: Millwall. You can see them stealing the trophy and it ending up pride of place in a local pub...

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Seriously. This is getting boring now. Winning promotion was a huge thing. We've never been in the Premier League and not been in the top flight for 34 years. Would you rather the players just went straight home after the Wigan game?

I'd personally rather they celebrated but left enough in the tank to not whimper out and not be able to win a single of our last 3 games.

Jimmehh

Mar 21, 2016
Sussex by the Sea
"A few years"? It was only two seasons ago, where Bournemouth were awarded the trophy at the Valley.

Burnley missed out on the same joy last season at the Football League's insistence, but that was purely because of the ongoing protests by Charlton fans against the club's owners and the fear they would ruin any celebrations.

Other than that, plenty of teams have received trophies at other club's grounds. The only reason for not doing it would be in similar circumstances as above, or, I imagine, if a club were to win the title at the ground of a deadly rival.

Or at Millwall maybe :wink:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Charlton was 2 years ago - that's a few years, therefore what I said was correct...

As for allowed - I'm just going on what they said last season - making it out that it wouldn't be given at an away ground anymore...

hopkins

Banned
Nov 6, 2003
Brighton
Perhaps they have a duplicate ? You could run one of those trophies up for £100 just to make the fans think it's the real thing. To be fair the players could an inflatable willy and the fans would cheer, want to touch it and have a photo with it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here