Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

MacDonald's of wines Jacobs Creek, Blossom Hill, Harry's etc

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
Has anyone ever drunk any of these makes? Horrible taste and as far removed from any half decent French wine for less than a tenner as is possible to be.

Can we not just
Ban these makes on the grounds they are the McDonald's of wine. !

I meant hardy's

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
All disgusting stuff masquerading as quality wine. How they have the front to do this is beyond me. Like the Blue Nun and ???Tower of the 80's

Toilet cleaner

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Just like coffee, it all tastes the same.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Just wait till Goldstone 1976 sees this thread.

He loves a mug of plonk.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Driving through the Douro Valley in Portugal last month we came across Mateus Palace, which is on the label of the famous, recently remarketed ex, 70's plonk. The Palace has nothing to do with production of the fizzy, pink, piss whatsoever.

I think my Mum and Dad drank all the VP sherry.

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
I am far from a wine expert, but Blossom Hill White is comfortably the worst wine I have ever, ever tasted. I'd rather sink an entire case of Le Piat D'Or than that stuff.

Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ

Hove / Παρος
Apr 7, 2006
Hove / Παρος
The other day in Costa Rica I found a wine fermented from the fruit of the cashew nut tree - that was an odd one. The cashew fruit for anyone who hasn't seen one looks like this and smells like musty old flange. I'd say it's perhaps an acquired taste.

hqdefault.jpg

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
needs some clarification, is this reds or white? because reds from those brands are pleasant, if simple, quaffable wines, far nicer than cheap French reds.

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
I am far from a wine expert, but Blossom Hill White is comfortably the worst wine I have ever, ever tasted. I'd rather sink an entire case of Le Piat D'Or than that stuff.

That reminds me of my time as a barman at the Hove Park Tavern c1987 and a young lad came in with his girlfriend and trying to impress asked for a glass of Le Piat D'or for her.(It was advertised on tv at the time as something glamorous).

I had to tell him we only had a house white which was standard for pubs at the time. The look of disappointment - felt really sorry for him in his quest to impress.

Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ;7919899 said:
The other day in Costa Rica I found a wine fermented from the fruit of the cashew nut tree - that was an odd one. The cashew fruit for anyone who hasn't seen one looks like this and smells like musty old flange. I'd say it's perhaps an acquired taste.

View attachment 84934

Cashew fruits have very angry faces.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ;7919899 said:
The cashew fruit for anyone who hasn't seen one looks like this and smells like musty old flange.

...that's a phrase you're unlikely to hear that husky, ever-so-slightly anxious woman who voices Masterchef using.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here