Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

New White Hart Lane

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
They had heated seats at Turf Moor in 1969. They were only used for one game as it was so expensive to run.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
NWHT will include the world’s first stadium micro-brewery with a beer delivery system pouring up to 10,000 pints a minute. :drink:

Could you imagine the carnage something like that would cause at the Amex? We'd all be sloshing around in a river of Fosters and Harveys long before kick off going by how they cope with pouring two pints.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
'Barber's Babybel Boudoir' #PLReady
Nope, not even Babybel.

I'll never be able to leap into the adult world of Philadelphia all the time it's on the same supermarket shelf as DairyLea.
Occasionally I might stumble into the teenage world of Primula.

Oh having gone low brow with wine and coffee, my inner snob has kicked in and I feel the need to write:-
I do loves me some cheese, as well as the shite.

SK1NT

Sep 9, 2003
Thames Ditton
Yeah that's all well and good but they're SPURS fans right? Even if you turn them into cheese eaters it won't stop them being scummy, after all you can't polish a turd.

but you can roll it in glitter....

Looks fantastic but all very corporate and poncy, but this is the way of football nowadays.... The tunnel club :wanker: I can just see the type of wankers that this new ground will bring to the club.

I liked the withdean and i like WHL ... i like a rocky style gym to a nuffield health... i don't like change.

Mr Putdown

Jan 26, 2004
Christchurch
In a few years, the four London away games at Arsenal, West Ham, Tottenham & Chelsea in their massive stadiums will be four great away days. No need to slum it in any of the other London dump stadia!

Arsenal, West Ham and Chelsea are already three of the worst away days you'll have, and Tottenham will probably go the same way once they move.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
but you can roll it in glitter....

Looks fantastic but all very corporate and poncy, but this is the way of football nowadays.... The tunnel club :wanker: I can just see the type of wankers that this new ground will bring to the club.

I liked the withdean and i like WHL ... i like a rocky style gym to a nuffield health... i don't like change.

There will always be rich pratts and corporate bods that will lap that up but that's small fry compared to the 17,000 home end which I suspect will, when in full voice, be pretty impressive.

SUIYHP

The King's Gull
Apr 16, 2009
Inside Southwick Tunnel
It's very London isn't it? Cheese rooms, bakery, microbrewery, £89 seats with bells and whistles on...I like the actual stadiums design, and the acoustics will be great, but this more of a vanity project than a football stadium!

ewe2

Mar 14, 2008
Hailsham area
Despite our wonderful stadium,we are light years away from the Premiership s top clubs,and i guess its just a matter of time before the league splits again,just to cater for the elite.I for one would be very sad for that to happen,but this race for 60k plus stadiums is only going one way !

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Despite our wonderful stadium,we are light years away from the Premiership s top clubs,and i guess its just a matter of time before the league splits again,just to cater for the elite.
Why would the league need to split? I imagine the fans of the big clubs like seeing their team win, and the more lower teams they play the more they'll win. And do the likes of Sky want fewer games?

ewe2

Mar 14, 2008
Hailsham area
Why would the league need to split? I imagine the fans of the big clubs like seeing their team win, and the more lower teams they play the more they'll win. And do the likes of Sky want fewer games?

I think (and its not an original thought )that the top clubs will ditch Sky and run their own European (world even ) league sometime in the future.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I think (and its not an original thought )that the top clubs will ditch Sky and run their own European (world even ) league sometime in the future.
So would the fans pay more for their TV deal than they currently pay for their PL viewing?
Would there be many away fans at the games, helping to create a good atmosphere?
Would the players want to travel further?

I'd cancel my Sky subscription if that happened, it's just not an option I could back. We already get CL games, that's enough and more of a special event than if it was every club every week.

loz

Apr 27, 2009
W.Sussex
So would the fans pay more for their TV deal than they currently pay for their PL viewing?
Would there be many away fans at the games, helping to create a good atmosphere?

I'd cancel my Sky subscription if that happened, it's just not an option I could back. We already get CL games, that's enough and more of a special event than if it was every club every week.

Not in England but in Holland, Portugal, Spain Italy France and maybe Germany where the leagues are not as evenly balanced as ours and most leagues have 2 or 3 teams of similar status. That's where it would be popular.

ewe2

Mar 14, 2008
Hailsham area

Well i agree with all of what you say,i just feel thats the way they are going.......and IF they allow promotion and relegation then we would be in a sort of 2 league championship.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Yeah that's all well and good but they're SPURS fans right? Even if you turn them into cheese eaters it won't stop them being scummy, after all you can't polish a turd.

No, but these 'fans' are the die hard fans who make the club. Sadly it's the cheese and tunnel club fans that probably cant name the full team but their money pays the wages.
Incidentally, who's going to break the news to them that no drinking is permitted within a pitch view?

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill

Not entirely sure they will. Thought the current move was away from that model, particularly in Spain where I believe Real and Barca have such agreements. Any such league would have to be sanctioned by Uefa, surely?

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Barber said the club had to spend another 5-6 million to meet Premier league standards ans this was top to bottom of the Stadium.

This must include cheese rooms on every level.
Speaking to a Wedslol STH the other day, he reckoned it would cost £25m minimum to get Hillsborough up to scratch. No cheese rooms, just so it's not a total dump.

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
Speaking to a Wedslol STH the other day, he reckoned it would cost £25m minimum to get Hillsborough up to scratch. No cheese rooms, just so it's not a total dump.

I supose it aint that much when you think what Bloom paid to build our stadium. Actually seems cheap because its big and old at SW.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here