Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

FAO BHAFC Players: How Much Do You Want It?

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
Well?

- do you want a Championship medal, a killer selfie with a big f**k-off trophy and a framed photo your kids and grandkids will be immensely proud of for many years to come?

or

- do you just want to go on the piss like the previous generation of English players, accepting unlimited beers and selfie cuddles from middle-aged men in stripes for a couple of weeks?

Just think it through a bit, y'know. You're all quite rightly celebrating promotion to the Premier League. But think it through a bit DEEPER. Some of you won't be here next season. Some of you will have nothing much lasting to show for your commitment to the cause. You won't even remember the nights on the piss in Brighton town before the season's finished (and the strongly rumoured nights on the piss in London town before the season's finished that were supposed to keep you away from the Brighton town over-celebrating limelight).

Fair enough, you're running on near-empty. But then again so is everybody else.

Basically, GET OFF THE F**KING BEACH. For your loss will be far greater than ours.

And...RELAX... :smokin:

They'll get the first paragraph, for being second too. Medals and a cup.

33EDE01800000578-0-image-a-140_1462634331011.jpg

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I think you have to ask them do they want to be remembered as the league winners or as many pundits and some managers have said the team that bottled it and did just enough to get promoted.

Brovion

NSC Patreon
Jul 6, 2003
Strange isn't it, weeks ago all I said was "Don't care if we finish 1st or 2nd so long as we go up", as soon as we get promotion we, me included, will except nothing less than Champions.

Must admit and I mean this honestly, but if we fail to win that champions trophy after requiring just 3 points from our last 3 games I'll be pretty disappointed and it WILL take the shine off what has been a great season. Would not reflect well on the staff or a lot of players in my opinion

Must admit those two posts pretty much reflect my opinion, and I almost hate myself for having it. ALL we wanted was to get promotion; that was all, the championship trophy was just the cherry on the icing of a very rich cake. Now I've got the horrible feeling that the season is fizzling out in ... well disappointment really. What a fickle **** I am!

Fans eh? Never satisfied are we? :)

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Must admit those two posts pretty much reflect my opinion, and I almost hate myself for having it. ALL we wanted was to get promotion; that was all, the championship trophy was just the cherry on the icing of a very rich cake. Now I've got the horrible feeling that the season is fizzling out in ... well disappointment really. What a fickle **** I am!

Fans eh? Never satisfied are we? :)

Yep - this.

Seagulltonian

C'mon the Albion!
Oct 2, 2003
Still Somewhere in Sussex!
We can't blow it for a 3rd game in a row can we?

I sincerely hope the players, those that didn't show the disappointment, got the fans sense of flatness after the game on the way round, despite the fact that it's still been a great season.

We still have that chance, the result is in our hands!

I want the Manager to pick a positive line-up, not the experiMENTAL one from Norwich, or Saturday's better one, but with a highly motivated Bristol team, it was always going to be tricky.
I want us to attack from the start and get the fans behind the team, so that they can act as the twelve man, as we were in the play-off semi-final against Wednesday at home! Villa haven't got as much to play for as Bristol City had, apart from Bruce is a big Geordie boy!
One last push, and we won't begrudge any player, if they want to, to go train surfing, walking into the town with the fans, and getting absolutely hammered!! And then they can enjoy a relaxed time for the next few weeks after that!

Do it for the fans!! UTA!!

HalfaSeatOn

Mar 17, 2014
North West Sussex
My wife's immediate comment when she picked me up from the station on Saturday 'They shouldn't have gone clubbing and boozing until after their final game'. 'But we're on our way' I said drunkenly. She's probably right.

E

Eric Youngs Contact Lense

I can't deny a sense of disappointment should we not get it. Of course the players want to win it.. but, we collectively assumed that Saturday would be the day. We collectively told ourselves that Bristol City were probably safe and wouldn't be 100%. A few weeks ago, there was a lot of scores/results being predicted to suggest certain points total would guarantee this/that. Within that we also made some predictions about how many more points we would get.. where we might struggle for 3 points and that we wouldn't want to have to go to Villa to get anything. The fact is we surpassed many of our expectations on the way to the Wigan game.. got points that we didn't expect to get, got over the line quicker than we could have possibly dared hope. Collectively we have all switched off. Losing at Norwich was predicted by many and many will have predicted losing at Villa, or getting a point at best. I would love to have the trophy, but in about 3 months time, I wont give a monkeys really. However, I think there is just the chance that we will do it on Sunday.. we will have the edge in our desire more than Villa. They will be trying but you cant just turn it on when it isn't really there. Villa wont be defending to try and get a point, like Bristol City. We don't normally lose 3 games on the bounce! etc etc.. my champagne is definitely on ice..

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
There really is no excuse for missing out on winning the league, we know we have the team and lets face it the final run in is as good as we could have hoped for with no one really needing points. Time to put last Saturday behind us and go for it. Villa really aren't all that and their main man is out

I know getting PL is massive but so is winning the Championship for us, its never been done in 116 years. The fans deserve it

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
They're spent.
If you finish a marathon, get your medal and someone asks you to run another 3 miles, would you?
Very much how I look at it.......However Villa were pants too in their game against Blackburn, they have a few injuries and have only pride to play for. They could be on the beach too. We may actually want it more than them and we could turn them over with one last huge effort.:bhasign:

Seagulltonian

C'mon the Albion!
Oct 2, 2003
Still Somewhere in Sussex!
Sunday's referee is Darren Bond.
He's reffed us twice. Away at Bristol City and home versus Birmingham City - Both wins for us :albion2:
He's reffed Villa once, away at Huddersfield - Villa losing of course :D
At least we have a decent ref for the game! :clap:

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Very much how I look at it.......However Villa were pants too in their game against Blackburn, they have a few injuries and have only pride to play for. They could be on the beach too. We may actually want it more than them and we could turn them over with one last huge effort.:bhasign:

Indeed Bruce wasn't that happy with there performance

http://www.expressandstar.com/sport...e-bruce-slams-inept-aston-villa-away-showing/

...unfortunately this could act as a catalyst.....as they say, first goal is important ..go behind and the fans may get on there backs.
I wouldn't critisise our desire last Saturday ..we just didn't play well ..and a lot of credit should be given to Bristol City who I dont think are that bad a side despite there league position.
IMHO

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
I don't buy the "we won't care whether we win the title or not by the summer". For me thats a losers attitude. They will regret falling short when they were 7 clear with 3 to go, some immediately, some later. This team has a chance to go into the history books, the first Albion team to win the second tier title. They deserve it but they now have to earn it. Now is the time to prove you are the best.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
Indeed Bruce wasn't that happy with there performance

http://www.expressandstar.com/sport...e-bruce-slams-inept-aston-villa-away-showing/

...unfortunately this could act as a catalyst.....as they say, first goal is important ..go behind and the fans may get on there backs.
I wouldn't critisise our desire last Saturday ..we just didn't play well ..and a lot of credit should be given to Bristol City who I dont think are that bad a side despite there league position.
IMHO

I agree. Bristol had won 6 of their last 7 games so were in form.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here