Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Do 1901ers get too many "loyalty" points?

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
Easy way to combat it next season would be: if you're a 1901 member who's been to less than XXX away games a season since the Amex opened then you're lumped into the 2nd highest loyalty point bracket when tickets go on sale thus giving priority to 1901 members who have travelled away regularly and non-1901 members.

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
My mate must have paid over 20k in 1901 s/t's since the amex open,don't begrudge him any points for that commitment???

So who's more of a fan
Someone who's paid £20,000 over 6 years on season tickets on say a salary of £46,000
Or someone who's paid £5,000 over 6 years on season tickets on say a salary of £18,000 a year
That's where rewarding 1901 more points falls flat on its face IMO

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
It would bother me alot. Thankfully i'm in a position to attend most away games so I won't have an issue. However, if I had only been able to attend 8-9 or fewer each season for the past few years due to commitments or financial restrictions and was getting beaten to tickets by people who simply pay more for a luxury ST, who haven't watched the albion away in their lives but fancy a trip to old trafford next season... I would be irate.

D

Deleted User X18H

I think the system is fair. Some 1901ers forked out £500 or even £1000 in 2010 in some cases a year before the stadium opened. It's good that the club shows loyalty to them.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
I suppose another question is would you buy a Season Ticket with a compulsory Cup Ticket purchase condition if it meant you say got 1050 to 1080 points or something? That is effectively what is included on the 1901 ticket as they pay for all games including friendlies. 20 points for a home cup game isn't it?

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
I suppose another question is would you buy a Season Ticket with a compulsory Cup Ticket purchase condition if it meant you say got 1050 to 1080 points or something? That is effectively what is included on the 1901 ticket as they pay for all games including friendlies. 20 points for a home cup game isn't it?

We had one of those for the second season at the Amex, think it was an extra 50 points, didn't cost anything on top of the tickets though - it was the Gold scheme

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove
We had one of those for the second season at the Amex, think it was an extra 50 points

Point is this season, 1901 members have effectively paid for Colchester, Reading and MK Dons within their ticket conditions. So they'd be on 1060 anyway. If the cup runs were extended, there might be 120 points up for grabs for ST holders, but they'd be still on 1100. It's not quite the disparity people are making out. I think if I was splashing out on a ticket that included every home game from the start of the season, I'd expect loyalty points above that of a standard season ticket.

Was not Was

Loitering with intent
Jul 31, 2003

I think the issue is more that those 100 'bonus' points will be in place at the start of the season, not as and when the home cup matches happen. Non-corporate fans get the points once they've made the purchase AND the match has happened. That is clearly not even-handed.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Without the Villa points being added yet, I will start next season on 1121, having only been to 5 away games this season. I have been to three cup games, two of which were 20 points

Point is this season, 1901 members have effectively paid for Colchester, Reading and MK Dons within their ticket conditions. So they'd be on 1060 anyway. If the cup runs were extended, there might be 120 points up for grabs for ST holders, but they'd be still on 1100. It's not quite the disparity people are making out. I think if I was splashing out on a ticket that included every home game from the start of the season, I'd expect loyalty points above that of a standard season ticket.

That was the point I was trying to make with my points tally. Even after only 5 away games, I will start next season with higher points than a 1901 member who hasn't been to an away game this season.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I think if I was splashing out on a ticket that included every home game from the start of the season, I'd expect loyalty points above that of a standard season ticket

Agreed - as I said in my opening post. The question was whether 100 points was too many. Without checking, I'm pretty certain we don't average 5 home cup games a season, so I'm not buying any "extended cup run" justification.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
True, but could they not just award 20 additional points each time the extra home cup games happen ?

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Agreed - as I said in my opening post. The question was whether 100 points was too many. Without checking, I'm pretty certain we don't average 5 home cup games a season, so I'm not buying any "extended cup run" justification.

True, but could they not just award 20 additional points each time the extra home cup games happen ?

Let's say you operated 1901 like a Season Ticket, and I am for arguments sake going to say we have 3 home cup games per season.

Season 1 - 1000 + 3 cup games 60

Season 2 - 1030 + 3 cup games 60

Season 3 - 1045 + 3 cup games 60 = finishing season on 1105.

So after 3 seasons as a 1901 say from Februrary, you are actually worse off than a Season Ticket holder who purchases on average 3 home cup fixtures per season. Am I working that out right!?

If you've been a 1901 since the Amex opened, you are probably worse off in terms of home cup game ticket loyalty points than a season ticket holder that has gone to each cup game.

So who's more of a fan
Someone who's paid £20,000 over 6 years on season tickets on say a salary of £46,000
Or someone who's paid £5,000 over 6 years on season tickets on say a salary of £18,000 a year
That's where rewarding 1901 more points falls flat on its face IMO

The 46k salary bloke is paying a higher % of salary so i would say him tbf!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here