Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Do 1901ers get too many "loyalty" points?

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
IMO those that regularly follow the club away (not me I hasten to add so I've no vested interest) should always have priority for the away tickets over those who have no previous form for following us away.

Those that have gone to the most away games the previous season should get first dibs on the away tickets for the next.

Yes, I would probably miss out next year as I only go to a few away games each year. But that's tough! Reward the fans who regularly support the club at away games.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
When we are 8 points adrift come January there will be no problem getting away tickets.

I think Old Trafford etc will be attractive wherever we are in the league.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
A 1901 ticket holder is effectively paying for ALL home games including cup matches. Its right therefore that they get points for those cup games. Maybe 1100 is too many, but they are committing to being able to attend every home game including friendlies.

Villa away the thresholds were 1160 and 1110, so the club are clearly aware of this as they excluded 1901ers who hadn't been to an away game from that second sales date - they did the same for Brentford away.

I'm pretty sure we'll see thresholds set for the big Premier League away games that ensure STers who travel to most away games will get a ticket, and a second or third level that excludes 1901s who haven't been away. So maybe Old Trafford will be something like sales thresholds of 1210, 1160, 1110, 1070.

That would work if the matches at OT, Anfield etc are March,April, May in 2018. If those are the first three away games those who go away all the time would not have enough points to take precedence over 1901'ers...I think.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
When we are 8 points adrift come January there will be no problem getting away tickets.

Not sure it makes any difference. We all know the most and least attractive fixtures, setting aside the "I only go to watch the Albion" self-righteous crew, and they'll remain the same regardless of when the fixture computer deems we play them.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
As a 1901er who goes to nearly all away games it wouldn't make any difference to me if they got rid of the 100 points. However they would then need to credit back points for each cup game otherwise a 1901er would effectively be below a STH buying cup points.

I actually don't think it is that unfair at the moment. As loyalty schemes go I think it generally works. My only quibble has been that they sell the shit seats to those that buy first, which is normally the most loyal. I know it's not their fault (the away club insist on it), but it's a fact that could do with addressing.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
I think Old Trafford etc will be attractive wherever we are in the league.

It will certainly be in demand, possibly other factors, such as the kick off time (Monday at 8pm won't be as attractive as Saturday at 3pm I suspect) will come into play too, as well as the time in the season.

Initially I would be surprised if any away match didn't sell out, even if the first few are (say) Stoke/Swansea/Burnley/Hull etc.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
That would work if the matches at OT, Anfield etc are March,April, May in 2018. If those are the first three away games those who go away all the time would not have enough points to take precedence over 1901'ers...I think.

Without the Villa points being added yet, I will start next season on 1121, having only been to 5 away games this season. I have been to three cup games, two of which were 20 points

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
We were talking about this Sat, whatever happens people are going to moan, so perhaps the fairest thing is to ballot every away game, every successful person pulled out will get two tickets, but will have to take a fellow season ticket holder or registered supporter with them.

essbee1

Jun 25, 2014
I agree it seems unfair that someone who hasn't been to a single away game can trump someone with many games under their belt. I think the loyalty scheme has worked well so far but this was in the context of The Championhip....it seemingly needs a tweak now.

This.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
We were talking about this Sat, whatever happens people are going to moan, so perhaps the fairest thing is to ballot every away game, every successful person pulled out will get two tickets, but will have to take a fellow season ticket holder or registered supporter with them.

Why would the club even bother with such an admin-heavy system?

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Odd regarding Old Trafford. I intend to be making a very high %age of matches, yet the MU one is a game I shall be more than happy to miss.

For a lot of people it's perfectly understandable wanting to see the Albion at OT. Many will be too young to remember the last time we played there in the league (March 1983, 1-1 draw, about 400 Albion in the away end) or cup (1993?).

It will be interesting where the away fans are allocated in the stadium next season, as presently they get shit seats in the south-east upper tier (having said that nearly all the seats at OT are cramped and uncomfortable, especially for anyone over 5 foot 6).

If it is the South stand lower then the view will be better, depending whether or not you like sitting behind a goal.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Why would the club even bother with such an admin-heavy system?

They won't!

No system is perfect, it's impossible to get an away ticket for quite a few clubs in the PL, United being one of them, as the alllocation is very much a closed shop, so we will be some of the lucky ones who do get the opportunity to see a fair few away games.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here