Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Diane Abbott in fine form this morning...

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
You seem to be focusing on record levels. I can't believe people are still taken in by this wishy-washy phrase that politicians love to flaunt yet it generally means jack. Due to inflation the value of items goes up therefore more money needs to be put in to keep things at a status quo, therefore each year is likely to see record levels just by increasing the amount of spent to inflation levels.

Eg if this year i give you £100 and then next year (assuming inflation of 2%) i give you £102, i haven't given you anything thats worth anymore but you've seen an increase in £2. If this continues for 5 years then i would be giving you £110 (a new record high amount) but in actuality you're no better off yet i can say you're receiving record high payments from me

Wow, no pulling the wool over your eyes is there ? But what about these CUTS?

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Keep up at the back. You weren't very good at school were you, and your just taking it out on educationalists now.

Love the irony in this sentence.

Nothing else to add, and haven't even read the thread.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
So it has taken longer than expected? Just because your endowment mortgage didn't perform as expected doesn't mean the debt gets written off, you do still have to pay it back. It's life, or should we just either default on our debts, or leave even bigger ones for our kids?

Its your rhetoric, lies this lies that, like the sun shines out of the governments arse, like you're incapable of reasoning from either side of the argument. If you feel that the Tory strategy is the better one then fine, but saying everything else is a lie is just myopic, especially when the current model has failed because it is taking 3 times longer than originally projected. Not just once projected, but several times and the performance has missed every time. Perhaps it is time to try something different, because for 7 years, the economic projection to reduce the deficit has missed year on year.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Its your rhetoric, lies this lies that, like the sun shines out of the governments arse, like you're incapable of reasoning from either side of the argument. If you feel that the Tory strategy is the better one then fine, but saying everything else is a lie is just myopic, especially when the current model has failed because it is taking 3 times longer than originally projected. Not just once projected, but several times and the performance has missed every time. Perhaps it is time to try something different, because for 7 years, the economic projection to reduce the deficit has missed year on year.

I just get utterly turned off by lies for propaganda purposes. There are no cuts in education, just very few increases in budget, there are no raids on pensions, just a removal of one of the triple lock criteria. But Labour say 'cuts and raids', these are LIES. this government ain't great, but there really is no credible alternative. Oh for the best PM that Labour never had, John Smith RIP.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Yeah, I listened in 2010, Osbourne said he'd have the deficit to zero by 2015 through austerity, but didn't get anywhere near it - it grew! In 2014 they said it would be in surplus by 2020, it continued to grow. Now they're saying not any surplus until 2025 just a decade off their original promise. At the same time they say they are growing the economy at a really strong rate, that economic growth is strong - so if it's strong, why do their targets continue to be missed? Or is this all just BS you are prepared to swallow?

We have a fantastic economy that works for the few, not the many, the billionaires who actually own this country don't need the NHS, state schools or social care, they can afford the best privately. So, as stated a little while back, the richest 2% of the population grew wealthier to the tune of 10% in the last year since the Brexit vote yet austerity continues unabated. Now the costs of brexit are starting to appear in the form of price inflation at the expense of wage inflation and the economy slows this will only get worse.

Although Mrs May says she want's an economy that works for everyone the real owners of the country would never allow that to happen, hence the abuse of Corbyn by the non-dom press barons.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I just get utterly turned off by lies for propaganda purposes. There are no cuts in education, just very few increases in budget, there are no raids on pensions, just a removal of one of the triple lock criteria. But Labour say 'cuts and raids', these are LIES. this government ain't great, but there really is no credible alternative. Oh for the best PM that Labour never had, John Smith RIP.

Allow me to quote the sheet of paper posted in Mrs V's pigeon hole at her school, I will not reveal names for obvious reasons, but I quote....

" We have had a meeting with HR and as a result, are beginning to plan ways forward to reduce staffing. As we have discussed, we are over spent on staffing and must reduce costs to balance the budget."

" We will be working on deciding the best structure to support @@@@@@@@@ in becoming a "Good " school, whilst also reducing our spending on staffing . Once this is decided, there will be a consultation period and information about the process. staffing changes will begin to come in to effect from January 2018 at the earliest."

" As much as we don't want to lose good staff, we hope this notice period allows you to consider other options as appropriate to you "

" Thank you for your understanding with this- we recognise this is a difficult time for you "

So, they are currently " Over spent on staffing " and they are having to cut jobs, does that indicate an increase in the schools budget ?

FYI there is a protest from many parents and teachers from schools in Brighton on The Level at 3.30 on Friday against the " Non Cuts" in education .

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade

Is that the deficit that was wracked up by Blair and his crew with no thought whatsoever on how to repay it. Labour just never change they just like spending everyone else's money

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería

Imagine you worked for a company with 10 employees. Each bloke gets paid £100 a day so there's a total wage budget of £1000 a day. The firm takes on another 10 blokes but the wage budget doesn't change so each gets £50 a day.

Has there been a wage cut?

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
Is that the deficit that was wracked up by Blair and his crew with no thought whatsoever on how to repay it. Labour just never change they just like spending everyone else's money
7 years of tory government and 700billion where has it gone seems like the tories love spending our money too only faster

Oh yes some went on the remainers manifesto.................................that went well then

Last edited:

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Allow me to quote the sheet of paper posted in Mrs V's pigeon hole at her school, I will not reveal names for obvious reasons, but I quote....

" We have had a meeting with HR and as a result, are beginning to plan ways forward to reduce staffing. As we have discussed, we are over spent on staffing and must reduce costs to balance the budget."

" We will be working on deciding the best structure to support @@@@@@@@@ in becoming a "Good " school, whilst also reducing our spending on staffing . Once this is decided, there will be a consultation period and information about the process. staffing changes will begin to come in to effect from January 2018 at the earliest."

" As much as we don't want to lose good staff, we hope this notice period allows you to consider other options as appropriate to you "

" Thank you for your understanding with this- we recognise this is a difficult time for you "

So, they are currently " Over spent on staffing " and they are having to cut jobs, does that indicate an increase in the schools budget ?

FYI there is a protest from many parents and teachers from schools in Brighton on The Level at 3.30 on Friday against the " Non Cuts" in education .

When would you like to pay the debt back? 2 years, 5 years, 10 years, next generation, year 2100? I do not deny times are tough, but overall education budgets are not being cut, they are under severe pressure, but Labour would rather lie to us all.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Imagine you worked for a company with 10 employees. Each bloke gets paid £100 a day so there's a total wage budget of £1000 a day. The firm takes on another 10 blokes but the wage budget doesn't change so each gets £50 a day.

Has there been a wage cut?

By God, are you a mathematical scientist? So impressive.

There has NOT been a cut in the wage bill, but individuals are getting less. But Labour insist on CUTS, thereby lieing (sp). Where would you like the wages for the 100% rise in the number of staff to come from?

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
By God, are you a mathematical scientist? So impressive.

There has NOT been a cut in the wage bill, but individuals are getting less. But Labour insist on CUTS, thereby lieing (sp). Where would you like the wages for the 100% rise in the number of staff to come from?

Maybe the boss could sell one of his yachts?

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth

I am close to believing that you are an idiot.
One more post should confirm it.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
7 years of tory government and 700billion where has it gone seems like the tories love spending our money too only faster

Oh yes some went on the remainers manifesto.................................that went well then

The additional national debt, adding to the one trillion left by Labour arose for because the Labour government handed over an annual budget deficit of £120b, that is annual Government expenditure and interest payments exceeded income by that sum. An analogy would be a business haemorrhaging that in cash each year, but beset by huge fixed costs (education, interest paid on the debt, defence, roads, nhs, etc). The Coalition and now just the Tories have managed to get the annual deficit to £50b, but that's still a deficit and so the national debt builds.

So whether it be Labour's £1 trillion handed over, of the additional £700b since, the £1.7t was never there to spend on additional projects, wages, etc. It's the exact opposite - the £1.7t including the £0.7t since 2010, was spent on public services, wages and infrastructure by UK PLC.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
You have already lied here by stating the labour are proposing increased spending on everything so I don't expect an honest answer here anyway.
Go anyone to believe you can you show the education funding as a function of time over the last 50 years?
I really think the mods should remove and ban posters throwing around such obvious FALSE statements.

Maybe we should spend more on education! :lol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here