Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Diane Abbott in fine form this morning...

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Yeah, rightho :lolol:

Take a look at the video you refuse to watch because its from fox and prove me wrong.
Only then will you have the information to answer the question "is he lying"

At the moment you are just someone who relies on others for information how you should think.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Take a look at the video you refuse to watch because its from fox and prove me wrong.
Only then will you have the information to answer the question "is he lying"

At the moment you are just someone who relies on others for information how you should think.

No.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Who said Labour shouldn't have started QE? Or as you put it pumping money into banks.

Rushing into assumptions there. Calm down from the rants and you'll be able to read the comments of others properly.

Incidentally, the only opponents of QE came from the left, who said that it got rich bankers off the hook and then made them richer still.

No need to be so depressingly defeatist. The latest polls show the gap is closing fast, two weeks is a long time in politics and in fitteen days time you could well be looking at Corbyn and Abbott forming a government.

Not how I remember it. Brown was roundly criticized for QE by Cameron and his lackey, Osborne. in 2009, Osborne was quoted as saying 'QE was the last act of a desperate government'.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/...51/Bank-of-England-hits-the-panic-button.html

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Er no, I think I said that there are cuts in real terms for just about every school in order to pay for May's Grammar school project....ergo, current schools get cuts in order to fund new Grammars.

you're just transfering pupils from one state funded school to another, from one budget to another. im not in favour of grammar schools, the policy is to lift a ban on new one and dont see there's any announced of funding for them. in practice i would expect most "selective schools" will be existing acedemies anyway.

cunning fergus

Jan 18, 2009
Might not be lies. Might be voluntary redundancy or staff taking early retirement - still a position at the school that is being made redundant but no one is losing their jobs. There is also a distinction between teaching staff and support staff, so may have said no teaching staff we're losing their jobs, but could be other roles. Benefit of the doubt before you start calling people outright liars.

It's a simple example, take it how you want.........I know he has assured all staff that jobs are safe.

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove
It's a simple example, take it how you want.........I know he has assured all staff that jobs are safe.

It's a simple example in which you chose to accuse a head of being a liar. That is how I took it, and that is how you presented it, I merely gave reasons that might suggest he wasn't lying.

Aug 23, 2011
Wow, no pulling the wool over your eyes is there ? But what about these CUTS?

Is there not an increased demand for school places? Therefore requiring more classrooms/teachers. Schools are told to make more space for more pupils so an increase in demand for services but no extra funding. If having to stretch your budget further doesn't constitute a cut, what would you like to call it instead?

cunning fergus

Jan 18, 2009
It's a simple example in which you chose to accuse a head of being a liar. That is how I took it, and that is how you presented it, I merely gave reasons that might suggest he wasn't lying.

I presented it as it is......jobs are safe, no one is due to be made redundant.

That was not the impression provided when on radio.

We can argue about semantics and language, or I could let you know when there is a redundancy?

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove
I presented it as it is......jobs are safe, no one is due to be made redundant.

That was not the impression provided when on radio.

We can argue about semantics and language, or I could let you know when there is a redundancy?

No, you carry on presenting things to suit your own ends. As per normal.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patreon
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Is there not an increased demand for school places? Therefore requiring more classrooms/teachers. Schools are told to make more space for more pupils so an increase in demand for services but no extra funding. If having to stretch your budget further doesn't constitute a cut, what would you like to call it instead?

Making ends meet? Cutting your cloth accordingly?

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
It has always amazed me how little effect the feeble performance of parties and individuals seems to have on voting intentions in the short term. I am therefore baffled by this:

View attachment Who is ahead in the polls.bmp

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
It has always amazed me how little effect the feeble performance of parties and individuals seems to have on voting intentions in the short term. I am therefore baffled by this:

View attachment 85794

Just before the election was called, the Tories were polling 44 / 46%, and Labour 25 / 26%.

Today's five new polls (see Bozza's post on the 'new poll added' thread, which the graph may not have been updated to include?), the Tories show 43 / 46%, and Labour 32 / 38%.

The overview appears to be that Tories support has now remained solid, but Labour are crushing UKIP/Greens/LibDem. A stark polarisation between left and right.

Give or take some other movements such as say from UKIP to Tory.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here