Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Diane Abbott in fine form this morning...

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
excellent
feel free to now comment on the content of the video
where was he lying?

why are you all playing the evasive card?

I honestly don't think I can be a)bothered to watch it, b) argue with someone who is happy to be so blatantly hypocritical.

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
This is one of the major flaws of the left, they see a source and dismiss it like a child in a playground argument....its quite pathetic

Everyone does this, although taking it to the extreme recently are the new ‘alt right’ fans, constantly dismissing everything as ‘fake news’ coming from with CNN, the NYT the BBC etc. ad infinitum.

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
I don't know about MR but most people will accept that every party got something wrong. In hindsight, the Iraq War was wrong, the scale of some of the PFI projects were wrong but there were also things that they got right.

What do you think the Tories have got wrong over the last 7 years?

Many things.

NHS. Taxation. Brexit. Immigration.

But it seems Corbynisatas live in a black and white world where everything Jeremy says is good and anyone who has an alternative view is an idiot who doesn't deserve a platform

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Everyone does this, although taking it to the extreme recently are the new ‘alt right’ fans, constantly dismissing everything as ‘fake news’ coming from with CNN, the NYT the BBC etc. ad infinitum.

Agreed, Trump etc have taken the 'fake news' accusations to a whole new level but people from the left and right have been doing the same for years. For some, anything in the Mail or Sun is fake and for others, anything in the Guardian is fake. Flip sides of the same coin.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Many things.

NHS. Taxation. Brexit. Immigration.

But it seems Corbynisatas live in a black and white world where everything Jeremy says is good and anyone who has an alternative view is an idiot who doesn't deserve a platform

Many millions of Labour and 'working class' voters, voted for Brexit. Millions of normally Tory voters, voted for Remain.

The government and parliament simply gave the UK population the chance to vote on EU membership, especially as the EU was and is on a path of ever greater integration.

We may disagree with the result, but the majority voted the other way, democracy spoke.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
What is fake? The claim that Labour have previously bankrupted the country! That statement is utterly FALSE.
Also, the costings of the Labour manifesto are more reliable and stand up to more scrutiny than the Tory one.

Labour caused mayhem the last time they were in government and even left a nice little letter for the incoming government when they got chucked out. They have about as much knowledge on how to manage money as my 2yr old grandson. Its always spend spend spend, they will ruin the country again !!!!

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Labour caused mayhem the last time they were in government and even left a nice little letter for the incoming government when they got chucked out. They have about as much knowledge on how to manage money as my 2yr old grandson. Its always spend spend spend, they will ruin the country again !!!!

Your 2 year old grandson could probably tell you it was a global financial crash, mainly through subprime loans in the US financial market, and regardless of whether we'd had a surplus, there is no point in the last 200 years the size of that crash wouldn't have bought our economy down.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Your 2 year old grandson could probably tell you it was a global financial crash, mainly through subprime loans in the US financial market, and regardless of whether we'd had a surplus, there is no point in the last 200 years the size of that crash wouldn't have bought our economy down.

Is that the Global crash where all the warning signs were there but they decided to ignore them an carry on spending what they didn't have ??

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Is that the Global crash where all the warning signs were there but they decided to ignore them an carry on spending what they didn't have ??

What warning signs, the signs the entire globe missed! Look at the deficit since WWII, especially as a percentage of GDP and look what we had to borrow in 2008 and you might get an idea that you are talking rubbish blaming Labour. Labour's spending was arguably less than most of the previous 17 years of Tory rule as a percentage of GDP. People still swallow the myth.

http://www.ukpublicspending.co.uk/uk_national_deficit_analysis

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
That is a typical tory mantra. You see it at the end of every report into spending whether it be the NHS, education etc etc. 'The Dept for (fill in the blanks) were asked for comment and stated more money is being spent on (fill in the blanks) than ever before.'

It is a pathetic comment. Look at education where less per pupil is being spent so whilst the overall amount might be more, in real terms it is less.

No, what is pathetic is the Labour Party, and their supporters, telling lie after lie in their attempts to deceive the electorate. There are no cuts in education spending, you have now admitted that, what there is, is a record increase in pupil numbers over the last few years which our fiscal budget is struggling to keep up with. Take a punch on the chin, learn from it, move on, instead of telling yet more lies like 'Pension Cuts'. There are none, just a lessening of the guaranteed triple lock, pensions will still increase with earnings or inflation, just ANOTHER Labour lie.

And so it goes on..........

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove
No, what is pathetic is the Labour Party, and their supporters, telling lie after lie in their attempts to deceive the electorate. There are no cuts in education spending, you have now admitted that, what there is, is a record increase in pupil numbers over the last few years which our fiscal budget is struggling to keep up with. Take a punch on the chin, learn from it, move on, instead of telling yet more lies like 'Pension Cuts'. There are none, just a lessening of the guaranteed triple lock, pensions will still increase with earnings or inflation, just ANOTHER Labour lie.

And so it goes on..........

Fact is, schools are facing cuts year on year. I've been vice chair of a governing board finance committee for 4 years now, and the cuts are real and severe. There is no deception. The only person being deceived is yourself believing there haven't been cuts. 'Take the punch on the chin' – I mean seriously, you've clearly got no idea.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Fact is, schools are facing cuts year on year. I've been vice chair of a governing board finance committee for 4 years now, and the cuts are real and severe. There is no deception. The only person being deceived is yourself believing there haven't been cuts. 'Take the punch on the chin' – I mean seriously, you've clearly got no idea.

Maybe your school has had its budget cut, but the FACT remains that overall spending on schools is at a record high. The only deception is the unions and the left telling the electorate that we can raise spending on everything and it will all be paid for by the the top 5% of earners. Lie after damned lie, JC will tell us next that he didn't support the IRA, oh hang on, he has!

Pondicherry

May 25, 2007
Horsham
As far as I can see, absolute spend on education is at a record high. Spend per pupil is not at a record high. Spending in real terms is not at a record high.

We currently spend (as a nation) more than we earn each year. Total UK debt is £1.5 Trillion approximately and this increases every day as we run an annual budget deficit. How we cut the cake is a matter of opinion but a lot of the cake we currently eat is borrowed.

We are not going to get out of the hole by taxing rich people (there aren't enough of them) and raising taxes doesn't necessarily increase revenue in any case. Anyone who appears at your door, on NSC or on your TV telling you they know what to is bluffing.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
what I would love to know is where has 700b in 7 years gone
someone must have some very deep pockets

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
In your eyes is there anything ever the Labour Party have got wrong?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm not even a Labour supporter, so yes. If putting things into a proper context so it can be debated properly is an issue then we can go back to childish name calling if you'd prefer?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here