Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Diane Abbott in fine form this morning...

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
lol how many times does this happen when politicians are asked about running totals while the results come in? Only Diane Abbott gets the hate mobs descending on her though. Don't be a black, woman leftie in this country otherwise you'll get the real knobheads on you

Does it not occur to you that this colour defense of Abbott that you are making is actually rather insulting to Black women lefties ? I know several in this category and each of them is of significantly higher calibre than Abbott.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Or the recent Tory MP who said patients should be reassessed to save money as some PERMANENT degenerative conditions get better...:shrug:

When asked, what permanent degenerative conditions get better, he said he wasn't going to get bogged down in detail. Yeah right.

Or the actual Home Secretary's incredible comments back in the autumn and the subsequent climb-down from them - http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-37561035 - http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-37561035

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
Adele earned £14-99 in the past 12 months, according to the Sunday Times Rich List compiled by Diane Abbott.

I think you will find it was £1.49 and 9 bars of white chocolate.......or was when I last looked in 1983.

The Rivet

Aug 9, 2011
Or the recent Tory MP who said patients should be reassessed to save money as some PERMANENT degenerative conditions get better...:shrug:

When asked, what permanent degenerative conditions get better, he said he wasn't going to get bogged down in detail. Yeah right.

You forgot about Ernest Saunders.

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
Diane Abbott is a pioneering politician who gets routinely abused for being a black woman with the "wrong" politics. Funnily enough in Sayeeda Warsi she has a Tory equivalent who also gets the hate mobs for being the wrong colour and wrong sex - great piece just published by Peter Oborne here http://www.middleeasteye.net/column...tell-all-tells-us-about-tory-party-1369883076

I've read some stuff on NSC over the years but this takes it....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
If you don't know the answer, then just say you don't know. Don't make up random figures in the vague hope that one of them may be nearly correct (within the odd £100m).

Alternatively on the net loss of seats question, just say its a moving target and I haven't checked it recently because I've been doing this interview.

FIVESTEPS

Nov 3, 2014
I wonder if she is suffering from a mental impairment. When talking figures she seems to have a brain freeze and has trouble computing the figures.I have thought for a long time that she doesn't come across as a graduate of Cambridge university.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
lol how many times does this happen when politicians are asked about running totals while the results come in? Only Diane Abbott gets the hate mobs descending on her though. Don't be a black, woman leftie in this country otherwise you'll get the real knobheads on you

Foot, Letwin, Corbyn, Hague, Tebbitt, IDS, Redwood, Steele, to name just a small sample, were pilloried, sneered at, hated, laughed at for years by opponents and sometimes by people in their own parties. Gaffs were homed in on. Abbott is just another.

Your paranoia and defensiveness towards Abbott is baseless.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009

Cheap shot at trying to use the racism card. Abbott is rightly criticised as she's a clueless self serving out of touch fool. She could be a white guy called Dave and she'd still be a clueless, self serving out of touch fool.

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013

hmm -how do you think you look, trying to bring the race issue into the equation. She has made a total fool of herself now on two occasions. Had that been a Tory politician, you would have had a field day, so don't now try the usual excuses.

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
Diane Abbott is a pioneering politician who gets routinely abused for being a black woman with the "wrong" politics. Funnily enough in Sayeeda Warsi she has a Tory equivalent who also gets the hate mobs for being the wrong colour and wrong sex - great piece just published by Peter Oborne here http://www.middleeasteye.net/column...tell-all-tells-us-about-tory-party-1369883076

My view of Abbott is based on her being a complete an utter hypocritc, eg campaigning against private schools but sending her kid to one. One of her defence lines was sending her kid was personal, a family issue, but her view on private schools was a political one. And lets face it, a really really poor politician. Nice try though, classic diversionary tatic on race, symptomatic of the classic far left approach of the 80's and 90's

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
My view of Abbott is based on her being a complete an utter hypocritc, eg campaigning against private schools but sending her kid to one. One of her defence lines was sending her kid was personal, a family issue, but her view on private schools was a political one. And lets face it, a really really poor politician. Nice try though, classic diversionary tatic on race, symptomatic of the classic far left approach of the 80's and 90's

A nice try that failed miserably. White politicians of all parties have been joke figures over the years, their gaffs and double standards cruelly exposed over and over again. Abbott gleefully grabbed a shadow cabinet position when her old chum Corbyn won control, that comes at a price with scrutiny, being laughed at and the British tradition of satire.

Desparate to bring up the race card.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003

a pathetic defense. she was poorly briefed and couldn't recover the error with a simple line "its a changing picture". if it was 100 when she checked why does she think its 50? she doesnt get "hate mob", she gets ridiculed when she goes out to bat and has a howler, just like every other politican does. white middle class party leaders get ridiculed just for unfortunate pictures eating chips or bacon sandwiches.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
a pathetic defense. she was poorly briefed and couldn't recover the error with a simple line "its a changing picture". if it was 100 when she checked why does she think its 50? she doesnt get "hate mob", she gets ridiculed when she goes out to bat and has a howler, just like every other politican does. white middle class party leaders get ridiculed just for unfortunate pictures eating chips or bacon sandwiches.

Has she had the wheels loosened on her car, or a Sunday lunch out with the family disrupted....nah, just a useless "politician" taking money under false pretences.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Rather than just regurgitate that 'strong and stable leadership' message all the time, why not just regurgitate some adverts from 30 years ago, not a lots changed.

444106.jpg

Because true love never dies.

2C65E9F200000578-3237591-Lovers_Jeremy_Corbyn_and_Diane_Abbott_pictured_in_London_at_the_-a-41_1.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here