Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Diane Abbott in fine form this morning...

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
And you've just ignored the fact that OUR government is selling weapons that are killing children. We as a nation are implicit in the deaths of innocent children. Also worth mentioning that May was told that the cuts to policing would greatly affect their effectiveness in their ability to counter terrorism, she said they were 'crying wolf'.

The Tories have also overseen the following; Privitastion of the NHS, the rise in food banks, a huge rise in child poverty, rip off landlords, welfare cuts, cuts to cooperation tax meaning cooperations pay less tax than their employees, spectacularly missed economic targets, the longest fall in value of wages since records began, the austerity con, the most unaffordable homes ever, the biggest education funding cuts in decades and the defunding of local government.

And you have the gall to say that I have no interest in the UK.

But you'd rather moan about JC

If you want to bankrupt the country vote Corbyn. Pie in the sky policies with no hope of paying for them. Labour have done it before and would do it again

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
The Tories have also overseen the following; Privitastion of the NHS

I'm not sure Labour are in any position to accuse anyone else of privatising the NHS after their love affair with PFI and the cost to the UK taxpayer.

34yo6m0.jpg

You know my politics and I am against the concept of nationalisation as a matter of principle but I do think there's a very good case for going back to those contracts that Alan Milburn et al approved and demanding they be re-negotiated or bought out at a fair value.

Scotchegg

Sep 1, 2014
Brighton
If you want to bankrupt the country vote Corbyn. Pie in the sky policies with no hope of paying for them. Labour have done it before and would do it again

The tories haven't even TRIED to cost any of their policies and when pushed on the fact, have begrudgingly and with long-winded answers, said they don't have a clue yet. The few they have given answers for have shown they don't add up. Need I remind you that borrowing is up with this tory government and they've missed every financial target theyve set on the deficit. I have some sympathy with your opinion about labour, but It's not like we can trust the tories, when all the evidence is staring us in the face.

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country

You realise the Tories have stacked up more debt than every Labour government in history... combined? Labour have costed their manifesto. Unlike the Tories. Austerity is NOT working. Well, it's making the rich richer and the poor poorer so from that point of view the Tories must be rubbing their hands together. Here is a link that may shed some light to dispel the myth that Labour are economically inept.

http://www.taxresearch.org.uk/Blog/...the-biggest-borrowers-over-the-last-70-years/

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
I'm not sure Labour are in any position to accuse anyone else of privatising the NHS after their love affair with PFI and the cost to the UK taxpayer.

34yo6m0.jpg

You know my politics and I am against the concept of nationalisation as a matter of principle but I do think there's a very good case for going back to those contracts that Alan Milburn et al approved and demanding they be re-negotiated or bought out at a fair value.

PFI has certainly been horrendous value for taxpayers and New Labour have to take some of the responsibility for that.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
bliar.jpg

Nuff said!

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
PFI has certainly been horrendous value for taxpayers and New Labour have to take some of the responsibility for that.

a LOT of responsibility, I'd say. And I reckon there's a far more compelling case for some sort of nationalisation or intervention regarding those contracts than re-nationalising water or electricity companies.

carlzeiss

May 19, 2009
Amazonia
And you've just ignored the fact that OUR government is selling weapons that are killing children. We as a nation are implicit in the deaths of innocent children. Also worth mentioning that May was told that the cuts to policing would greatly affect their effectiveness in their ability to counter terrorism, she said they were 'crying wolf'.

The Tories have also overseen the following; Privitastion of the NHS, the rise in food banks, a huge rise in child poverty, rip off landlords, welfare cuts, cuts to cooperation tax meaning cooperations pay less tax than their employees, spectacularly missed economic targets, the longest fall in value of wages since records began, the austerity con, the most unaffordable homes ever, the biggest education funding cuts in decades and the defunding of local government.

Hey , I would love the 15% back . If i thought Jez could do it I might be tempted .

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country

How does selling weapons to the Middle East to kill people in the Middle East help with counter-terrorism ??? Not quite sure that counts as justification in the killing of innocent people (or the selling of weapons to a country that is continually commiting human rights violations)

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
a LOT of responsibility, I'd say. And I reckon there's a far more compelling case for some sort of nationalisation or intervention regarding those contracts than re-nationalising water or electricity companies.

PFI was introduced by the Tories under John Major. Yes, it was expanded by Tony Blair. But, despite frequently calling for an end to "Labours flawed PFI program" whilst in opposition, in 2011 George Osborne rebranded and continued the PFI gravy train under the "PFI 2" banner.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
PFI was introduced by the Tories under John Major. Yes, it was expanded by Tony Blair. But, despite frequently calling for an end to "Labours flawed PFI program" whilst in opposition, in 2011 George Osborne rebranded and continued the PFI gravy train under the "PFI 2" banner.

Brilliant deflection. Every single reply from you is "...but the Tories..."

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
To be honest they're all shitbags. Just draw a big hairy cock on your ballot sheet......with cum coming out the end. Probably.

bWize

Nov 6, 2007
To be honest they're all shitbags. Just draw a big hairy cock on your ballot sheet......with cum coming out the end. Probably.

Most are to be fair! Corbyn may be a few things in certain people's eyes, but he's hardly a shit bag is he? He stands by his principles and I honestly think he is what this country is crying out for right now.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne

So have ANY of those things actually have been PROVEN to have killed UK children? No.

Has Jezza suggested a 'cup of tea and a chat with ISIS'? Yes.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
No he's not!...it's the standard automated response from any lefty who cannot put up a genuine retort to a specific argument they don't like the honest answer of!!!

So you are saying that Major didn't introduce PFIs and Osborne didn't continue them?

You bang on about lefties but why aren't the righties answer any points raised. 6 of 1 and half a dozen of the other.

D

Deleted member 22389

Last party on this earth I want running this country is Labour. I will never forgive them, they wrecked my country. No thanks and go away.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
I think the mods should remove FAKE and slanderous comments like this. When was the country bankrupt? They have shown how to pay for the policies on their manifesto.

I think the problem with Labour's costings is the suggestion that it will be the rich who pay for the extra spending. If I thought this would happen they would get my vote. Unfortunately these people and corporations are likely to simply move their
assets and income to a different and more favourable jurisdiction. I know someone who did just that in 1997. Countries such as Ireland and Switzerland are attractive alternatives. The problem is that these are the wealth and job creators. Labour in Government can't touch these people so to pay for their promises they will do as they always do and tax the middle. Now, you might think that middle class house owners are wealthy but the reality in most cases is mortgage to the hilt and families to bring up. These are soft targets for taxation but often have little disposable income. When the media talks about lack of trust in Corbyn it
is not some sort of conspiracy but rather a reflection of a genuine fear felt by those on middle incomes that their family income will be reduced under Labour. There is an enormous amount of financial sacrifice in bringing up a family and this will be the biggest factor in the election.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
If every countrt has that attitude high earners will never be made to pay decent levels of tax. We need to take a stand and encourage others to so as well. Then there will be nowhere to run!

Yeah, that'll work :facepalm:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here