Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Stuart Armstrong

Alba Badger

Mar 14, 2016
Straight outta Felpham
He is a very good player and I’d be happy to see him at the AMEX, come on leaps and bounds this season. I was a big fan of his when he was at Dundee United and he stepped up excellently when he played for Scotland last month, Man of the Match by a long way.

Also at Celtic and worth a look IMHO Kieran Tierney, Callum McGregor and Liam Henderson

I was thinking last night that Scotland is a good place to pick up a bargain. (Bias slightly being Scottish) Wanyama at Spurs and Van Dyke at Saints both came from Celtic and done well in the Premier League. Robertson at Hull has also done very well. All cost peanuts in the scheme of money spend these days.

Zamoracomehome

Apr 12, 2010
Hove
Agree with that - Tierney would be a great option at left-back with Bong/Pocognoli not yet sorted for next season.

Armstrong is an attacking threat - we don't have much of that from central midfield (unless Kayal rediscovers some of his pre-injury form).

pishhead

Jul 9, 2003
Everywhere
He is a very good player and I’d be happy to see him at the AMEX, come on leaps and bounds this season. I was a big fan of his when he was at Dundee United and he stepped up excellently when he played for Scotland last month, Man of the Match by a long way.

Also at Celtic and worth a look IMHO Kieran Tierney, Callum McGregor and Liam Henderson

I was thinking last night that Scotland is a good place to pick up a bargain. (Bias slightly being Scottish) Wanyama at Spurs and Van Dyke at Saints both came from Celtic and done well in the Premier League. Robertson at Hull has also done very well. All cost peanuts in the scheme of money spend these days.

Craig Gordon also cost 9 million back o
In the day.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Got to wonder if he'll cope with the language and dietary barriers.

http://www.heraldscotland.com/sport...a_law_degree_and_aspiring_to_play_in_Germany/

He has talked in detail already about his commendable decision to use the spare time afforded by his current job to embrace the challenge of a six-year law degree through the Open University rather than while away the hours tweeting about his favourite chicken restaurants or singing about refugees in the pub.

Those studies are being undertaken with a view to a life beyond football, of course, but this intelligent 22-year-old has clearly been weighing up what he wants from the Beautiful Game for quite some time as well.

Last edited:

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Looks like he can finish from those videos (yes, I know). I expect he's a realistic target too... unless he likes constantly winning in the MTL, then constantly losing in Europe...

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
My Celtic supporting colleague says no chance, he's about to sign a new contract there. But then maybe he's just worried!

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
My Celtic supporting colleague says no chance, he's about to sign a new contract there. But then maybe he's just worried!

Watched this player. Very good player and had a very good season.

Before the season started, I would say comparable to Dale Stephens. Now I would say he is much better as his goal scoring threat has increased and Dale Stephens, it has decreased.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Watched this player. Very good player and had a very good season.

Before the season started, I would say comparable to Dale Stephens. Now I would say he is much better as his goal scoring threat has increased and Dale Stephens, it has decreased.

Easy to score goals when your side sweeps teams away every week. After all Gary Hooper scored for fun in Scotland for Celtic but was found wanting in the PL.

That said. Armstrong is a ''workaholic'' on the pitch during matches and that is just what will be needed next year.

Alba Badger

Mar 14, 2016
Straight outta Felpham
Easy to score goals when your side sweeps teams away every week. After all Gary Hooper scored for fun in Scotland for Celtic but was found wanting in the PL.

That said. Armstrong is a ''workaholic'' on the pitch during matches and that is just what will be needed next year.

like goals scored in Holland, treat it all a bit like "Dog Years"

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
He was outstanding for Scotland against Slovenia and I thought at the time he's the kind of player we should be targeting.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
He was outstanding for Scotland against Slovenia and I thought at the time he's the kind of player we should be targeting.
Aftertimer. :lol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here