Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Could Brighton be first club in prem to play 11 British players?

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Could Brighton be first club in prem to play 11 British players?
Not sure I'm bothered, particularly.

Now, a team all born within 15 miles of the Old Steine that went on and did a Celtic - then I would be impressed!

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
He's one of ours, and you're a ****. **** off.

He plays football for our team. He openly supports the man that masterminded the murder of our men, women and children, calling him an hero. He showed complete disrespect by tweeting this fact whilst playing and living in this country. I think supporting the vile murderer of innocents makes him a ****. You think I'm a **** for that and that he is 'one of ours.' Bizarre.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Because he is a ****. Goodnight.

Cool. Being a **** could be my way to getting my EU passport back after Brexit. Thanks for the advice.

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
Cool. Being a **** could be my way to getting my EU passport back after Brexit. Thanks for the advice.

I'm not saying being Irish makes him a ****. I have Irish blood. I am saying supporting the man that gave the command to murder innocent British citizens makes him a ****. I know that innocent Irish people were killed by some on the British side and I certainly wouldn't call anyone involved in such heinous crimes, whichever side of the conflict they were on, an hero. As for being a **** to get your EU passport back, you shouldn't worry. You are,if anything, overqualified.:wink:

Last edited:

Fungus

NSC Patreon
May 21, 2004
Truro
Just a bit of useless trivia but wonder if any other club as fielded 11 outfield British players in Premier league

Playing 443?

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Aug 8, 2005
Not sure I'm bothered, particularly.

Now, a team all born within 15 miles of the Old Steine that went on and did a Celtic - then I would be impressed!

I like this definition, means being born in Worthing Hospital I can play. Where do I sign?

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham

Something similar to Athletic Bilbao maybe

Since its foundation, Athletic has played exclusively with players meeting the criteria to be deemed as Basque players, and has been one of the most successful teams of La Liga. This can be seen as a unique case in European football; it has gained Athletic both admirers and critics. The club has been praised for promoting home grown players and club loyalty.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Something similar to Athletic Bilbao maybe

Since its foundation, Athletic has played exclusively with players meeting the criteria to be deemed as Basque players, and has been one of the most successful teams of La Liga. This can be seen as a unique case in European football; it has gained Athletic both admirers and critics. The club has been praised for promoting home grown players and club loyalty.
Now you mention it, yes, I do vaguely remember reading about that years ago. Are they still sticking to it? - good for them if they are!

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here