Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Finance] The cryptocurrency (Bitcoin etc) thread

Sirius76

Banned
Oct 28, 2008
This is something people should also consider...arbitrage seems really possible....ETC is 0.007 bitcoins on some exchanges and 0.009 on others (30% difference or so)

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
This is something people should also consider...arbitrage seems really possible....ETC is 0.007 bitcoins on some exchanges and 0.009 on others (30% difference or so)

Sorry, but you're in WAY too deep. Most of these things of which you speak don't even exist in real life. You are at severe risk of being scammed by not-very-bright computer programmer Who is probably Russian. And Yeah, that's always going to end well. Like marrying a Russian girl online.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
Serious question - would you spend bitcoins on goods and services or just keep them in the hope their price shoots up. Once you answer this question don't you think this price rise is a speculation bubble and that the currency won't carry real value for the average person until the value is actually stable for a few years

100% this. It's pure speculation. If you can make a few $100's great, but get out before you lose $1000's,

Sirius76

Banned
Oct 28, 2008
oops my message was correcting something but I was correct the first time....confusing myself now

Sirius76

Banned
Oct 28, 2008
Thanks to whoever signed up, I got 0.00000037 BTC (I think you get 0.00000075 for signing up). Was looking at the stats and some people win a lot on the prize draws etc...Bitcoin is $2700 now..it's crazy really.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
http://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/bitcoin/#markets The craziest thing is it's $4000 in Korea with large trading volumes....still $2700 here.....someone tweeted you could buy a bitcoin and fly to Seoul and make a profit on the holiday haha.

You didn't listen to my polite requests so I'm afraid you're outta here for a while. There's something that doesn't sit right about your postings here.

Ah I see it now: an affiliate link so you earn. You got there in the end. And that's your last post on NSC.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
You didn't listen to my polite requests so I'm afraid you're outta here for a while. There's something that doesn't sit right about your postings here.

Ah I see it now: an affiliate link so you earn. You got there in the end. And that's your last post on NSC.

I've gone ALL IN!!! Are you saying Sirius76 might not be for real!? :eek:

My wife's gonna kill me...

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
To be fair to OP, they seem to have posted purely Albion-related stuff right up to the point where they got caught up in the Bitcoin Bubble.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
I realise this is quite the bounce but just a heads up to those who may have had Bitcoin through Coinbase.

Now I'll admit, I just signed up and whacked on a little bit to see how it would do. Life scenarios dictate I'd rather have that money in my account now so I went to withdraw it.

Coinbase were very happy to take my GBP but didn't make it clear that withdrawing GBP would be a mini nightmare. Firstly you need SEPA accounts set up which requires sending 6 euros to Estonia to verify the account is SEPA enabled. You need to gain your IBAN and Swift codes etc. I googled this and read horror stories of people sending several lots of 6euros to try and verify their account.

In the end I took advice from the forum and sent my money to another bitcoin site. I then sold these bitcoin to an individual buyer who paid me directly.

So, just a heads up to maybe think about how you will get your money back into your account. Obviously lost a little bit sending bitcoin from one wallet to another.

5ways

Sep 18, 2012
I realise this is quite the bounce but just a heads up to those who may have had Bitcoin through Coinbase.

Now I'll admit, I just signed up and whacked on a little bit to see how it would do. Life scenarios dictate I'd rather have that money in my account now so I went to withdraw it.

Coinbase were very happy to take my GBP but didn't make it clear that withdrawing GBP would be a mini nightmare. Firstly you need SEPA accounts set up which requires sending 6 euros to Estonia to verify the account is SEPA enabled. You need to gain your IBAN and Swift codes etc. I googled this and read horror stories of people sending several lots of 6euros to try and verify their account.

In the end I took advice from the forum and sent my money to another bitcoin site. I then sold these bitcoin to an individual buyer who paid me directly.

So, just a heads up to maybe think about how you will get your money back into your account. Obviously lost a little bit sending bitcoin from one wallet to another.

Forgive my ignorance but why did it cost you to send it from one wallet to another? I thought the whole point was it didn't cost any money to transfer coins, or percentages of coins.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Forgive my ignorance but why did it cost you to send it from one wallet to another? I thought the whole point was it didn't cost any money to transfer coins, or percentages of coins.

No idea. In the end I just wanted my money back so I was willing to lose another little bit without worrying about it.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
its not just coinbase, the whole "exit" process is problematic which is for me the most significant obstacle to the project. the supposed accepted alternative of meeting someone in person to get a couple of grand cash doesnt fill me with confidence either.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
its not just coinbase, the whole "exit" process is problematic which is for me the most significant obstacle to the project. the supposed accepted alternative of meeting someone in person to get a couple of grand cash doesnt fill me with confidence either.

I transferred mine to Localbitcoins.com.

Searched for buyers with specific conditions (only willing to pay by bank transfer, wanting to buy between X and X amount, Positive Reviews, UK based).

I proposed a sale directly to them, they released the funds and they were showing in my bank account straight away. I then released from Escrow.

The whole selling process from finding a buyer to releasing Bitcoin was 10 minutes.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley

Bitbargain seems to work fine. But you can also use a bitcoin ATM. There are two in brighton.

Truthsayer

Nov 29, 2017
Been noticing the price going up a lot lately. I think it's the highest ever now and has gone up nearly 10% today to close to $1500 each!

www.preev.com has the price [EDIT: hmm actually the price might be a glitch on that site as it's shown as $1350 in other places...I just noticed a big jump so maybe it's not accurate at the mo]

I received a partial refund from a Chinese company in bitcoins about 18 months ago...about 10 of them. They were worth £3000 (seems a lot but I had sent them a bank transfer of a lot more than this) and they have now almost quadrupled in value!

I wonder how high it will go?? All I know is there is a limited amount that can be created so they can't really be deflated too much. I did read that it was predicted to end up on a price of $2000 by the end of the year but this was just some article and someone's opinion.

I feel I was harshly treated before as I wasn't actually spamming anything (I found a site that gave free bitcoin, though).
IZgkKa.jpg

I just thought I'd mention that bitcoin went past $10k yesterday and today it already got to $11k!!! :cool: (I think it will probably go to $25k before crashing down)
https://snag.gy/zoFGpt.jpg

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here