Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

4 dogs limit comes into force

About time this was rolled out nationwide,plenty of dog walkers having 6/7 dogs at any one time,blooming nuisance,no control,don't pick up doggy do. Have found dogs running on their own up at stanmer. Also joggers running with dog following 100 yards behind no chance of spotting:shit:

And hanging p/bags in trees:eek:

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
About time this was rolled out nationwide,plenty of dog walkers having 6/7 dogs at any one time,blooming nuisance,no control,don't pick up doggy do. Have found dogs running on their own up at stanmer. Also joggers running with dog following 100 yards behind no chance of spotting:shit:

And hanging p/bags in trees:eek:

Shite on a stick?

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
I saw this today and thought what the hell. The ability of a dog owner to control their dog is not about how many dogs you walk. It's about the dog owner being responsible.

I've seen dog owners with one dog totally losing control of their dogs and I've seen dog owners with ten dogs walking them in close control.

Legislation should be tougher on owners of dogs who don't control them not about the number of dogs.

Exactly. This this and THIS! Precisely why it's so badly thought through

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
The ban is probably trying to stop dog walking businesses using public parks.
I've never walked 4 dogs on my own and I wouldn't want to.

Funny enough, someone dropped a dozen business cards off at our place advertising their dog walking business a couple of weeks ago, she only charges £10 an hour. Which is about £2 an hour more than most of our staff earn an hour.... It made me think, 2x Dogs x 4 hours a day walking and I'm on £400 a week for 20 hours work !

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Blimey, we had four dogs (down to three now) and we used to walk them and our neighbour's two collies. No problems whatsoever. And we always picked up their poo.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
I actually agree with this. Even in our small village we have a number of unlicensed dog walkers, several of whom I've witnessed trying to walk far too many dogs at one time, and unable to control them. On one occasion a friend's dog got off the lead, ran away, and wasn't found until the following morning. In fact I'd be tempted to make the limit even lower.
In which case, you're being as thick as the people who haven't thought this through. By targeting a problem (those, not all, likely to be paid dog handlers rather than owners who aren't in control and/or don't pick up), they're creating another (discriminating unfairly against responsible dog owners, inc those) where there's absolutely no correlation between the problem and solution e.g. single dogs with an irresponsible owner are more likely to be the problem here.

It's heavy handed and utterly imperfect. Just more petty 'enforcement' which relies upon the already law abiding majority - rather than the law breaking minority to break - it's targeting in the first place. But hey, let's just add it to the other million laws this country has passed since 2000 which aim to control our way of life.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Funny enough, someone dropped a dozen business cards off at our place advertising their dog walking business a couple of weeks ago, she only charges £10 an hour. Which is about £2 an hour more than most of our staff earn an hour.... It made me think, 2x Dogs x 4 hours a day walking and I'm on £400 a week for 20 hours work !

If people prepared to pay that then good like to her enterprise! Our dog sitter charges £20 per day (not walk or hour) if we ever need her, it's ours, her dog and max one other and she's very well looked after all day / none of this 8 dogs in a van being collected and dropped off around a neighbourhood. Another, charges a fiver and when we had a prolonged family illness which meant we needed her several times a week over several weeks she didn't charge us a penny - she's more a friend than 'just a pet sitter and groomer'. Some lovely people out there with big hearts and a lot of 'em are animal lovers.

I actually agree with this. Even in our small village we have a number of unlicensed dog walkers, several of whom I've witnessed trying to walk far too many dogs at one time, and unable to control them. On one occasion a friend's dog got off the lead, ran away, and wasn't found until the following morning. In fact I'd be tempted to make the limit even lower.

Nobody has a licence to walk dogs,its totally unregulated at the moment,well around these parts anyway:moo:

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven

Not bad money if the dogs are well behaved.
I met a chap on a walk recently near Lewes, he was walking about 5 dogs and said his dog walking business was doing so well he could turn customers away, and pick and choose the dogs he wanted to walk.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Came across a dog walker with 10 dogs in tow. How on earth can they handle them when loose. That many will pack and harass single dog walkers

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
4 dog limit? Sounds like an average night out in Hastings for me.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here