Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

4 dogs limit comes into force

Bruntburger

Mar 9, 2009
Peacehaven
When I walk my one dog it usually does two poos or one poo in two different places if you know what I mean. I use two nappy sacks. Based on this, walking 5 dogs for an hour would involve picking up 10 poos. That one poo every 6 minutes! Makes me think a few things -

Is £50 an hour worth it? YES for me.

Could a poo be missed or ignored? - YES from me

Does a professional dog walker risk serious repetitive back injury and therefore a shortened career? Does this justify the high wages? Are large dog poos balanced equally with small dog poos to risk manage the potential for back injury? Is it fair for the NHS to cover this cost?

So after thorough analysis and careful consideration I have decided to do a China special and abstain from voting either way. It's a sharp fence but I'm going to sit on it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
The regulation doesn't bother me at all - but it would have made far more sense to limit the ownership of dogs to four (apart from registered and licenced breeders) - I mean, who needs to own a whole sodding pack of them? Just a shame that would be almost impossible, because some numpty in government decided it would be a good idea to abolish dog licences.

s5.bha

Aug 3, 2003
How will this effect packs of dogs used by hunts , they take out tons of the little buggers !

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Some depressing posts on here, proving that once again there is NOTHING the modern British like more than petty rules and regulations.People's eyes are positively lighting up at the prospect of legislation to limit the amount of dogs a person can own/exercise, and let's make dog walking a licenced, regulated occupation as well. Lots of scope here for new laws, offences and prison terms.

m20gull

Jun 10, 2004
Land of the Chavs
Some depressing posts on here, proving that once again there is NOTHING the modern British like more than petty rules and regulations.People's eyes are positively lighting up at the prospect of legislation to limit the amount of dogs a person can own/exercise, and let's make dog walking a licenced, regulated occupation as well. Lots of scope here for new laws, offences and prison terms.
You would think that we need some legislation to punish having a dog dangerously out of control, or failing to pick up. Oh, wait, we already do. This is just giving councillors like one quoted a chance to introduce more petty regulation and control more of our lives for no reason.

You would think that we need some legislation to punish having a dog dangerously out of control, or failing to pick up. Oh, wait, we already do. This is just giving councillors like one quoted a chance to introduce more petty regulation and control more of our lives for no reason.

Locally we have had dogs in the trust of dog walkers run over also killed by another dog(whilst in dog walking van) There are lots of issues with professional dog walkers but the main problem is people wanting dogs when they don't have the time or will to look after them themselves,walking the dog is the big payback for having them shirley?

m20gull

Jun 10, 2004
Land of the Chavs
Locally we have had dogs in the trust of dog walkers run over also killed by another dog(whilst in dog walking van) There are lots of issues with professional dog walkers but the main problem is people wanting dogs when they don't have the time or will to look after them themselves,walking the dog is the big payback for having them shirley?
There are issues with professional dog walkers but why does excessive regulation need to be the answer. Walking my dogs before and after work was part of the deal in owning them, but now I have retired I get the chance to see the pros at work during the day. They provide a service but dogs are a live animal and passing your dog to someone else involves some risk, which has to be accepted. If the pros are the problem then regulate it (not that I am advocating that) but don't hammer other people.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
When I walk my one dog it usually does two poos or one poo in two different places if you know what I mean. I use two nappy sacks. Based on this, walking 5 dogs for an hour would involve picking up 10 poos. That one poo every 6 minutes! Makes me think a few things -

Not for me Clive.

If one dog walk, equals picking up two hot, soft, dog eggs, through a 0.2mm film of clear plastic, for TEN QUID? Not a chance.

:nono: :sick:

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
This. Who owns more than than 4 dogs? :shrug:

A lady near me sometimes has 10 or 11. She rescues them from Greece. Brings them back & nurses them back to health and then tries to find suitable homes for them.

All of the dogs have been badly treated and traumatised and she does a wonderful job.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here