Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

4 dogs limit comes into force

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-hampshire-39769910

Have to say this is ridiculous and yet more evidence of liberties being eroded by over engineering local government busy bodies. Badly thought through and probably unenforceable. I often see people with 5 dogs and they're all having a great time playing together in a park that's plenty big enough. To say it's not a walk but an uncontrolled circus smacks of ignorance. Plenty of single dogs can be anti social. What about if two friends with 4dogs each meet up? Is that 'an illegal gathering?'! And do single dog owners always pick up poo whilst those with several don't? Gormless.

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
No real opinion on the ban being the correct thing to do or not but I am curious as to how many people it'll actually effect.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
The ban is probably trying to stop dog walking businesses using public parks.
I've never walked 4 dogs on my own and I wouldn't want to.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I saw this today and thought what the hell. The ability of a dog owner to control their dog is not about how many dogs you walk. It's about the dog owner being responsible.

I've seen dog owners with one dog totally losing control of their dogs and I've seen dog owners with ten dogs walking them in close control.

Legislation should be tougher on owners of dogs who don't control them not about the number of dogs.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
I actually agree with this. Even in our small village we have a number of unlicensed dog walkers, several of whom I've witnessed trying to walk far too many dogs at one time, and unable to control them. On one occasion a friend's dog got off the lead, ran away, and wasn't found until the following morning. In fact I'd be tempted to make the limit even lower.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
I saw this today and thought what the hell. The ability of a dog owner to control their dog is not about how many dogs you walk. It's about the dog owner being responsible.

I've seen dog owners with one dog totally losing control of their dogs and I've seen dog owners with ten dogs walking them in close control.

Legislation should be tougher on owners of dogs who don't control them not about the number of dogs.

This isn't so much about dog owners in my opinion, but more about professional dog walkers, who do it for monetary gain. Many of whom have no real experience of walking or controlling dogs at all.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip

Have to say this is ridiculous and yet more evidence of liberties being eroded by over engineering local government busy bodies. Badly thought through and probably unenforceable. I often see people with 5 dogs and they're all having a great time playing together in a park that's plenty big enough. To say it's not a walk but an uncontrolled circus smacks of ignorance. Plenty of single dogs can be anti social. What about if two friends with 4dogs each meet up? Is that 'an illegal gathering?'! And do single dog owners always pick up poo whilst those with several don't? Gormless.

20170501_154716.jpg

:wink:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Looks like the government have rushed into this. They need to paws for thought.

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
When I used to play cricket we had to always go on a phoo hunt before we could start playing I hope it's better now.
It important for dog owners pick up.
The concern is that proffisional dog walkers may not be able to do this if they are walking six or seven dogs or more.
It bloody cats that are a pain not only killing the wild life in my garden but shit in my flower boarders.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Have to say this is ridiculous and yet more evidence of liberties being eroded by over engineering local government busy bodies.

This, and the government wanting more control over its citizens. It gets more like Canine-teen Eighty Four every day.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here