Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Where will the trophy be next week?

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
I really couldn't give a flying ****, what anyone else thinks about us, I'm not that insecure.
If we win at the Villa, great, job done, if we don't, I can live with it. We have over achieved this season, the only fans who could take the piss, in the Championship, would be Newcastle, we are above all the others, Premier league fans don't give a toss about us, so, who really would take the piss?

I really dont think the barcodes will be that bothered either way, for them its job done with promotion

Seems as if nobody wants to win the Championship trophy then.

Guess we might as well donate it to the Play-off final winner then.

wakeytom

Apr 14, 2011
The Hacienda

All I am saying is that its not important and should not de-rail any fans if you fail to win it but go up (which is obviously guaranteed) as in reality that is all that matters. I already cannot remember who won the league last season, and certainly not the winner from the year before

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
I really couldn't give a flying ****, what anyone else thinks about us, I'm not that insecure.
If we win at the Villa, great, job done, if we don't, I can live with it. We have over achieved this season, the only fans who could take the piss, in the Championship, would be Newcastle, we are above all the others, Premier league fans don't give a toss about us, so, who really would take the piss?

I really dont think the barcodes will be that bothered either way, for them its job done with promotion

All I am saying is that its not important and should not de-rail any fans if you fail to win it but go up (which is obviously guaranteed) as in reality that is all that matters. I already cannot remember who won the league last season, and certainly not the winner from the year before

I don't think I'm unique in thinking that it is important to win the league - hopefully the players will want to win it too although judging by the past two performances seem to suggest otherwise.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing

Hang on , don't get me wrong, I would love us to win the division, and, I think, we deserve it, but, I'm not going to hide from the fact, that I don't give a toss what anyone outside our club thinks.

If we win it at Villa, it will be the greatest achievement for our club, ever . But, Hereford, will always be more important, and I would love to see that big old trophy in the front of the bus on the 14/ May, if only, for Tony Bloom

kevo

Mar 8, 2008

ThePolishJig

Mar 21, 2013
Away teams are no longer presented with trophies

Example - Burnley last year.

It's happened once to my memory and I believe the EFL deemed it inappropriate due to the protesting of Charlton fans.

I couldn't see why we wouldn't get it at Villa and would be disappointed if it wasn't presented next Sunday. (If we win).

Me and my Monkey

Nov 3, 2015
Away teams are no longer presented with trophies

Example - Burnley last year.

Although last year, I think, three teams could possibly have won the title that day, two of them being Middlesbrough and BHA. Presenting it at the Middlesbrough ground to either of those teams could have been very messy, and presenting it at Charlton could have been problematic for already stated reasons. So maybe last season was an exception.

Having said that, I do think it would be rather RUDE to present a trophy to an away team, maybe slightly rubbing the home supporters noses in it.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
I have faith for Villa Park.
No cameras, no razzmatazz, no soprano, no big build up, Villa with nothing to play for, just the best squad in the EFL with the best togetherness and spirit playing for the title, It's ours for the taking.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Having said that, I do think it would be rather RUDE to present a trophy to an away team, maybe slightly rubbing the home supporters noses in it.

Why ?
Swansea had their L1 presentation at Withdean, and was well received by both sets of fans.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Why ?
Swansea had their L1 presentation at Withdean, and was well received by both sets of fans.

That's because it's soft Brighton. Others might not be. ie Leeds,Millwall,Stoke etc

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal

As I said, if you're not bothered about us blowing a 7 point lead and throwing away the title thenthat's up to you. I am very bothered about it. Winning the Championship title is an honour we should be scrapping with every sinew to achieve. I have 2 Watford supporting friends. Both of them called me to congratulate the club on promotion and immediately continued by reminding me how they f***ed it up on the last day and got pipped to the title by Bournemouth. They certainly remember very well and it hurts.

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
Shirley the right answer is - in a helicopter at Leeds/Bradford airport - will be airbourne at final whistle and delivering said trophy within a few minutes.

Simples ....

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
So just under 200 miles between newcastle and birmingham as the crow flies.

Average speed of a helicopter is 100mph

Assuming midway between the two then that's an hours flying

So there will either be two trophies or the chopper will be airborne and being ferried close to whichever team is in the box seat

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
So just under 200 miles between newcastle and birmingham as the crow flies.

Average speed of a helicopter is 100mph

Assuming midway between the two then that's an hours flying

So there will either be two trophies or the chopper will be airborne and being ferried close to whichever team is in the box seat
It ain't gonna happen, but how sweet would it be to watch the chopper land on the Villa pitch with the trophy.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Although last year, I think, three teams could possibly have won the title that day, two of them being Middlesbrough and BHA. Presenting it at the Middlesbrough ground to either of those teams could have been very messy, and presenting it at Charlton could have been problematic for already stated reasons. So maybe last season was an exception.

Burnley had already got the title before the final day. Boro were awarded the runners up trophy on the final day.

There are copies of both.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here