Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Where will the trophy be next week?

kevo

Mar 8, 2008

biddles911

May 12, 2014
We're a point ahead, we only have to match Newcastle's result, they have to rely on us dropping points. Of course we're favourites, even if it is completely up for grabs.

There will be huge pressure on Newcastle at home, much like was on us yesterday. They've faltered at home this season on many occasions too. If I was a betting man, I'd go for 2 draws next week as the occasion gets to Newcastle and we get through our Villa tie.

Hope you're right but I wouldn't want to put any money on two draws. Newcastle have played well their last two games and we certainly haven't.

Want CH to give the team a huge kick up the backside and go for it at Villa unlike yesterday where we really didn't try hard enough.

We didn't play like we had huge pressure on us. Got the impression too many players thought we could just turn up to win and underperformed accordingly.

Wonder if CH thought the same too, given his selection of several players who were either returning from injury or out of form anyway. Bristol City was always going to be our best chance of 3 points so I expected our strongest side to be out there. Does anyone think that was our best possible side?!

Think Norwich was forgivable, given the events that week and losing to two freak goals, but we had plenty of time to recover and prepare for today but we didn't seem to have any plan other than lumping the ball forward time after time.

Am disappointed as I expected us to win and we should have but we've got the main prize......

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
St James's Park. A PL squad and team easing through their last games, with no alleged 'hangover' two weeks on.

I genuinely thought all season that we'd lose our last away games at very high spending PL Norwich and Villa, dreading those fixtures if we had to rely on them to go up. Thankfully the run of wins home and away up to Easter, prevented that nightmare scenario.

Fatigue has finally hit our slow, near identical front men. God we lack pace without Baldock.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
If you want us to be remembered as the team that blew a 7 point lead with 3 games left then fine.

I really couldn't give a flying ****, what anyone else thinks about us, I'm not that insecure.
If we win at the Villa, great, job done, if we don't, I can live with it. We have over achieved this season, the only fans who could take the piss, in the Championship, would be Newcastle, we are above all the others, Premier league fans don't give a toss about us, so, who really would take the piss?

wakeytom

Apr 14, 2011
The Hacienda
I really couldn't give a flying ****, what anyone else thinks about us, I'm not that insecure.
If we win at the Villa, great, job done, if we don't, I can live with it. We have over achieved this season, the only fans who could take the piss, in the Championship, would be Newcastle, we are above all the others, Premier league fans don't give a toss about us, so, who really would take the piss?

I really dont think the barcodes will be that bothered either way, for them its job done with promotion

Lush

Mods' Pet
...we had plenty of time to recover and prepare for today but we didn't seem to have any plan other than lumping the ball forward time after time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Which would have been a plan if ANYONE on the ball had noticed the runs being made. So many times you had to watch Hemed, Skalak etc checking their run, as the ball hadn't arrived. So frustrating.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here