Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Starting 11 2017/18 season

djlazyness

Oct 21, 2011
Peacehaven
So I have been thinking about our starting 11 for the next season for a while. The last two games are players have not turned up and yesterday they did try harder but really if everyone was playing like normal we should of beaten bristol by 2 or 3 goals but any way that is history so lets just move on. We will differently need to bring in some new players but I think we can keep most of our players even if they just go to the bench. Of course some player may want to be on the pitch from the kick off but hopefully this is how we set out next season.

------------------------------------------ stockdale ----------------------------------------

--Bruno ---------- Dunk ------- BFG ------------Duffy

---Stephans ------------ Sidwell------

Knockaert-------------------------------------------------------------- Vide (New Brentford)

Murry ----------------- Aluko (New Fulham)

Subs-- Walton(GK) Hemed, Baldock , March , Pocognoil, Goldson , Tomori ,Behrami (New Midfield - Watford)

Everyone else who has been on the pitch or a sub for us this season who is not in my selection in my opinion can be sold or go on loan and players who are coming though the dev squad should be given a chance but i do not think any of our dev players are ready for the premier yet. What would your starting 11 and subs bench be?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Hang on, Duffy at left back?

2 new centre forwards should be exciting.
Although I'd have thought Murray would have made the bench.

Hopefully the mystery Stephans will be a David so the club can just give him Dale Stephens trackie.

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
Yeah, hopefully we start next season with Duffy at left back, 'Stephans' in the middle and sign up a striker with a one goal every six games strike rate to go up front with 'Murry'. Great post.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Oh no not the spelling police again. You lot know who i mean so could you please tell me who your starting 11 would be.

I'm going to put my selection in one of the other 527 identical threads, see if you can find it.

Lurchy

Jul 2, 2014
Also like the way that an extra person has been smuggled onto the subs bench. Can never have too many options.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
I was going to mention the other 527 identical threads but wanted to go easy on him.

How about:

_______________dozy_____________

____beaky_____mick____tich_______

____harpo______chico_____zeppo____

____george____bungle____zippy____

_____________marcel marceau_________

:whistle:

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Cant see us playing 2 forwards next season especially away from home. We will need an extra midfield player to ensure we don't get overrun and also to protect the defence more. The approach will be defend in an organised way, and ensure we are difficult to break down and look to score on counter attacks or dead ball situations.

It probably won't be too entertaining bu (hopefully) will ensure that we retain our PL place.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
On a serious note with speculation on who might or might not be coming to the club, I was wondering, it would be really interesting to know where Paul Winstanley has been on his scouting mission and towels home he's had his eyes on?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here