Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Clapping the opposition off the pitch.

golddene

Jul 28, 2012
I am with Buzzer on this one and cannot believe the stick he has got. When tf did we applaud a team who stopped us winning the title for the first time in the clubs history. Fair play they deseved the win but applaud them for it ? What an absolute joke ! Have a look at the Bristol City fans forum and you may have wished you did not. This is a taster

Sky (did we even get a mention?)

Knockaert (****in whinger)

30,000 expectant fans (crap support by the way)

And best of all...All the blue few who couldnt wait for us to join them in the tramp league.

Wonderful. Almost makes up for the 8 game losing run. Almost.

This is what happens when you celebrate winning the league before the start of the game.

I'd love it if Newcastle won the league now. I'd bloody love it.

That's for the play off final.

While watching tonights game on Now TV, during a camera close up showing Lee Johnson, I could lip read a Brighton fan sitting behind him saying "This is ******* rubbish, ******* rubbish, this is ******* Bristol City we're playing"

Made me larf I tell you.

Sad to read that Uncle, I thought there was supposed to be mutual respect between our respective clubs/fans especially following the clubs support in their quest for new stadia a couple of years back. I will remember this when we meet them again hopefully many years away.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
I clapped them and I wasn't even at the game.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
I know we all have to do what a few internet no-marks tell us to do but it is getting a bit confusing. Can you all sort it out and give the rest of us a manual so we know how exactly we are supposed to support the club we have followed all our lives? Want to make sure I don't do something that will cause someone else embarrassment. Can you imagine if I sat down 2 seconds before a designated chant? Someone could require therapy to deal with the shame.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
More than half the ground emptied before the players' parade, and this is what we're being critical of?

At least the people who clapped the City players off were still in the ****ing stadium :rolleyes:. I was one of them, when their team, to a man, raises their arms and applauds us going into the tunnel, i'm going to reciprocate that respect. The last time I did it was for a Yeovil side that battled for 80 odd minutes before succumbing and getting relegated.

It amuses me the killjoys in the pitch invasion threads suggesting that it would "stop the rest of the stadium being able to appreciate the players". Great appreciation shown yesterday :clap2:

Well said and quite agree.

Really don't give a monkeys what their fans thought of us BTW. I did it because tactically they out-thought us and on the pitch outfought us.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
More than half the ground emptied before the players' parade, and this is what we're being critical of?

At least the people who clapped the City players off were still in the ****ing stadium :rolleyes:. I was one of them, when their team, to a man, raises their arms and applauds us going into the tunnel, i'm going to reciprocate that respect. The last time I did it was for a Yeovil side that battled for 80 odd minutes before succumbing and getting relegated.

It amuses me the killjoys in the pitch invasion threads suggesting that it would "stop the rest of the stadium being able to appreciate the players". Great appreciation shown yesterday :clap2:

Didn't quite happen like that though did it?

Our fans clapped the City players off and they responded. Not the other way around.

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
Really don't give a monkeys what their fans thought of us BTW. I did it because tactically they out-thought us and on the pitch outfought us.

very much this with knobs on.

This.....if I want to clap the away team off because they did well against us I will. They guaranteed Championship football with that performance and they were generous enough to applaud the Brighton crowd in recognition of our promotion to the Premier League. Stuff anyone who wants me to hurl dogs abuse at them and do a slit my throat sign at their supporters......couldn't give a monkeys what their fans thought of us.
Would have preferred to clap my team off and go bat shit ,mental on winning the league but at least I stayed and clapped them on the lap of honour and by the way so did a small number of City fans

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove

very much this with knobs on.

This.....if I want to clap the away team off because they did well against us I will. They guaranteed Championship football with that performance and they were generous enough to applaud the Brighton crowd in recognition of our promotion to the Premier League. Stuff anyone who wants me to hurl dogs abuse at them and do a slit my throat sign at their supporters......couldn't give a monkeys what their fans thought of us.
Would have preferred to clap my team off and go bat shit ,mental on winning the league but at least I stayed and clapped them on the lap of honour and by the way so did a small number of City fans

How dare you have no self awareness of what your fellow fans or other fans think of you. Its this kind of attitude that leads to spontaneous new songs to be started. It ain't on.

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
How dare you have no self awareness of what your fellow fans or other fans think of you. Its this kind of attitude that leads to spontaneous new songs to be started. It ain't on.
He he yea good one......A little story about the train journey home which was at best erratic. Piled on a train to be met by a family of Palace fans, good banter had between us and them. They told us there had been trouble between us and them but was sorted. Their lad was terrified enough to cover his Palace top until he was assured he was in no danger whatsoever. Sad thing was.....The lad was really scared and was starting to ruin his big day.......He was mascot at the Palace game. Now I hate Palace but I just thought how silly it was a little lad was scared because he was in the company of Brighton fans.

Aveacarlin'

Jul 5, 2011
I clapped them off purely as a sporting gesture. Normally I wouldn't, but given they had secured themselves Championship football for next season and played well against us I thought they deserved it. Bollox to all the haters. I couldn't give a shit what they think.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

carlzeiss

May 19, 2009
Amazonia

There is a Father and Son link in there which I am sure hasn't gone unnoticed by those with an interest in Football related trivia .

BristolCity fan

Oct 30, 2016
The last opposition I clapped was you lot, for the Sidwell goal/celebration and then when your team went off at full time.

Don't see what's wrong with clapping off a team when they give 110% or have an amazing game tbf

1234andcounting

Mar 31, 2008
Surely this is one of those things where you are entitled tomake your own mind up. I clapped them yesterday. They outfought and outplayed us. I did that same to the last team that did that, even more comprehensively - Huddersfield. No problem with people who don't.

Bad supporter?

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Surely this is one of those things where you are entitled tomake your own mind up. I clapped them yesterday. They outfought and outplayed us. I did that same to the last team that did that, even more comprehensively - Huddersfield. No problem with people who don't.

Bad supporter?

Completely unrelated but I hope we see you in the Swan or WSU next season. My son wants to hear your war stories & he's plenty old enough now [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Can we please not do that again? It right royally wound me up more than the performance on the pitch today. You'll be pleased to know that I stuck true to my beliefs and flicked Vs at them and called them all names.

Seriously though...why do that?

I can't belive you started this thread, mon vieux :nono::facepalm::lolol::wave:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here