Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How many premiership players were in our starting line up today?

marshy68

Jul 10, 2011
Brighton
Imo we need to buy
2xFB
2xCM (assuming Stephens stays)
1xwinger
A no 10
2xCF

Sell hemed,skalak,ince,towell,kll.

I would like to see in defoe, wood, cairney, pog, tomori + winger.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Fella behind me, early doors :smile: :-

"Come on Stephens you've got a contract to play for" :lolol:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Imo we need to buy
2xFB
2xCM (assuming Stephens stays)
1xwinger
A no 10
2xCF

Sell hemed,skalak,ince,towell,kll.

I would like to see in defoe, wood, cairney, pog, tomori + winger.

So you would like Tony to spend more on 3 players than the club will receive for next season.

Clueless.

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy
Radio Derby reporting last night that you're after Tom Ince - Very talented on his day but goes missing, not sure he's what you need but give us £10m and I'm happy :)

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Stockdale, Dunk, Duffy, Knockaert. That's it.

Stephens could possibly hack it with a very good midfield signing alongside him. Otherwise he will struggle too.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Dunk has to have looked at all the abuse AK was giving the ref be and wondering how he got so many cards.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Absolutely no chance we'll sell Knockaert. He loves us & we love him and he has a point to prove in the Premier League.

The fringe & loan players will go as Jem says. I can see Murphy & Skalak going. Neither are PL standard. Stockdale & Stephens were tremendous yesterday yet they're the ones who are out of contract. Was Stockers waving goodbye yesterday?

Bong will get roasted in the Prem. I'd play Poc there all day long.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Deano's Invisible Pants

Mar 1, 2008
Stockdale Dunk, Hunemier, Knockhaert if he improves attitude when things not going well, Stevens and Kayal although poor today , Sell Skalak and Hemed as they will never get in squad and while they have some value on back of been part of promotion squad. Also Murphy and March could have part to play. Duffy also against Stoke Burnley etc but will struggle against top sides who keep ball on ground. Sidwell and Norwood as back up. The gulf is huge and we need 5/7 additions to todays side to compete. Fantastic what we have achieved but most of goals have come from hit it long or get it wide and then get in box, We will have to have a few more ideas then this

Sadly Kayal looks a shadow of the player of last season. I'm sorry to say that I think he won't cut it. Neither will Norwood (never EPL class), Murphy, Skalak, nor Hemed.

One plus point to this indifferent end of season period is Hunemeier. He probably won't be in our starting 11 in August, but I think he's shown enough to be a squad player.

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
Based on what evidence?

He couldn't cope at all with Matt Smith at QPR. He has done well as a backup, but if we think we will survive with players of his standard in the Premier League then I think we are in for a shock.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Sadly Kayal looks a shadow of the player of last season. I'm sorry to say that I think he won't cut it. Neither will Norwood (never EPL class), Murphy, Skalak, nor Hemed.

One plus point to this indifferent end of season period is Hunemeier. He probably won't be in our starting 11 in August, but I think he's shown enough to be a squad player.

Kayal still recovering from a huge season last season followed by long term injury. He's not 100% fit but I reckon a good pre season will sort him out. Kayal & Stephens need to stay if we're going to play 442

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
Radio Derby reporting last night that you're after Tom Ince - Very talented on his day but goes missing, not sure he's what you need but give us £10m and I'm happy :)

Hope we are not in for him, to many big time Charlies at Derby which is why they came up short.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
The point that many are missing is that the club isn't going to, and frankly can't afford to, offload 4,5 or 6 contracted players in favour of like for like replacements.
As well as buy the players the team actually needs

He's been fantastic.
The 'woe is us' on here, at his reinstatement to the team typifies just how stupid we* all are.

*"no point signing Murray he'll be injured for half the season". ***cough*** :down:

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Hemed and Murray would be good enough, as second choice, and dont play them together. we're so one dimensional with them both on, they want to do the same thing and the midfield have only one idea: down the wing and put in a cross. and too often Murray comes deep to find the ball if that isnt happening. a top striker, a deeper number 10 (Baldock may be good enough) in a 4-4-1-1 formation to inject some alternatives will be necessary next season.

golddene

Jul 28, 2012
If the club has said goodbye come 1st September to a couple of those who have earned the right, would you consider that they've been mistreated by not being part of it?

Not at all mate, that's natural progression but I'm also not going to criticise them for falling a bit short after what they have all collectively and individually given to our team/club and at this moment they all play for a premier league team so are premier league players. They've earned their title for now.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here