Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How many premiership players were in our starting line up today?

Ketchy

Steve Fosters Sweat Band
May 19, 2009
Seaford
I think AK could be a hit in the Premier but will need more support as everything tends to go through him. AK mark 2 on the other wing is a must !!!

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
I think based on what I have seen that BFG will be ok in the Premier. Different sort of player to Duffy and possibly better suited to playing against smaller, faster(?) players. Duffy for the more physical teams.

I think CH will change the formation to 5 4 1 , 3 centre backs. We will need to spend on a decent forward or get very lucky in the loan market.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
are you saying in all probability AK won't cut the mustard?
The club ought to offload the other 4 wingers if our best isn't good enough.

Previous MO would suggest a cheeky bid of Craig Noone will appear on Football Rumours, any day now.

Binney on acid

NSC Patron
Nov 30, 2003
Shoreham
In order to survive at a higher level, our recruitment team have to supply us with 5 / 6 players of such a high standard that our current best players become the worst players in the squad, and the current worst players only get sporadic substitute appearances. That is the order or the task that lies ahead of us. If we persevere with our weakest / eldest players against the quality that is prevalent in the premiership / premier league, we will be mathematically down by Christmas, let alone Easter.

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
I would say Ronaldo and Messi to replace the other 2, and similar quality to the rest of the squad.

17th or better would then be guaranteed.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
cf: Bournemouth spent £23 million in theit first summer and had another £18 million in reserve spent in January 2016.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2015–16_A.F.C._Bournemouth_season#Transfers_in

I think notionally they played 4-4-2 in their first season and changed over to 4-2-3-1 for this season.

The time before when we got promoted, a few players that we would not think would make the grade excelled in the top flight: e.g. Peter O'Sullivan.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here