Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Right.....are we going to win the title?

Are we going to win the title

• Total voters

Ecosse Exile

May 20, 2009
Alicante, Spain
Did you see them totally outclass us in the draw at the Amex?

Yes, unfortunately.

But that was then and this is now. Other teams have outclassed Villa, that we ourselves have outclassed, it means nothing, we actually have a point to prove after the last two games and I think we will.

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
Still in our hands a week off the sauce with no midweek late nights put our best team out which needs Baldocks is there any chance we will see him this season?

Don Quixote

Nov 4, 2008
We can win it, of course, but I doubt it. They players don't look like they care.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
I saw this coming before the Norwich game.

But I still think we'll win it. It's in our hands.

SuperFurrySeagull

Sep 25, 2003
Cardiff By The Sea
I actually think next week will be far more straightforward than this week. Less expectation & no big occasion, at least compared with today, where we underestimated a) how good Bristol can be & b) how much they still had to play for, i.e. plenty. Today didn't feel like a standard Championship game of football & more like an event to celebrate the inevitable lifting of the trophy, but where Bristol still had a game to play & points to pick up. I don't think Aston Villa will be as good - still good enough to beat us if we're not careful - but more importantly we've now used up all our credits of supposed 'easy' games & further opportunities to have another go if we slip up.

I'm not a football genius but I had a bad feeling about today's game with too many people already lifting the trophy on the back of a straightforward win. I already feel better about next week - we have another chance, the top spot is still ours to lose, & I believe the players will want it enough to get it right next week. It's not inevitable & it won't be easy but getting this far has not been easy. We can still do it.

tigertim68

Sep 3, 2012
Yes
We only have to match Newcastle, yes they will probably best Barnsley.... But then most people thought we would beat Bristol City.

Apart from that we are actually better than Villa, look at the table.

Yeah did you see where Bristol city are in the table , we were crap today , villa were one of the best teams at the Amex this season , might help if we had a shot at goal

WGull

Jan 27, 2017
Yes I think we can beat villa, and even if we don't newcastle might not win still in our hands and still possible

dolphins

Jan 26, 2012
BN1, in GOSBTS
Hughton's no fool and will be just as p1ssed off about yesterday, and will give the team the necessary kick up the backside I'm sure. They will be in for some hard training this week, to ensure well drilled and ready, and can see him putting out at strong team at Villa.

Didn't help that opera singer warbling on about "this is the day" or whatever she was singing.

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
No, our chance has gone. I don't feel the players have it in them to put the effort required at Villa.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here