Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Right.....are we going to win the title?

Are we going to win the title

• Total voters

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
It would make a difference as there is no guarantee Newcastle will beat Barnsley. There are 3 possible outcomes for that game and as yesterday proved nothing is certain

If we had nicked a point yesterday we could lose and Newcastle draw and still win the title that is no longer a possible outcome for us so it has made a difference

I would sooner bet on Newcastle winning next Sunday than us taking the title although I obviously hope that we do win.

MongoJerry

Mar 23, 2013
The players must know just how bad they were as a team yesterday and, as true professionals, really turn it on, beat Villa and make us champions

Weren't great at Norwich and didn't turn it on yesterday. Kinda think we've run out of steam and panting to the finishing line. Main thing is we're up but surprised the title medal doesn't get a team firing on all cylinders

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
Villa are now in holiday mode with nothing to play for and Bruce and Calderwood are good mates of Hughton so it won't be a grudge match. They would be the first to congratulate him? It's not a bad game to finish on for a title really. I remain hopeful.

The Oldman

I like the Hat
NSC Patron
Jul 12, 2003
In the shadow of Seaford Head
All last week after Norwich I thought we would struggle against BC. The planned pre match celebrations added to the sense of foreboding. Too much pressure.

Now, I am looking forward to going to Villa, quietly confident that with the pressure off we will do it. The pressure is now on Newcastle and I would sooner face Villa than Barnsley.

So there. See you at Villa park.

dolphins

Jan 26, 2012
BN1, in GOSBTS
All last week after Norwich I thought we would struggle against BC. The planned pre match celebrations added to the sense of foreboding. Too much pressure.

Now, I am looking forward to going to Villa, quietly confident that with the pressure off we will do it. The pressure is now on Newcastle and I would sooner face Villa than Barnsley.
Totally agree. It is assumed that we have blown it/bottled it (delete as appropriate) and the title is Newcastle's to claim. Let's prove them wrong. :albion2:

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot
Doubt it. The players have been partying since we went our. Were out last weekend and again this from what I have heard.

Fair play to them they can enjoy it but it's just a kick to the fans as the trophy means a lot more to us than them.

Fair play to Bristol City, they wanted and needed it more but we should have made their keeper make a meaningful save at least

LANGDON SEAGULL

Dec 9, 2004
Langdon Hills
Villa are now in holiday mode with nothing to play for and Bruce and Calderwood are good mates of Hughton so it won't be a grudge match. They would be the first to congratulate him? It's not a bad game to finish on for a title really. I remain hopeful.

Bruce is a Newcastle fan though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LowKarate

Jan 6, 2004
Wombling free
So this poll is a bust with a coin toss being as good a predictor.

What we need is another spin-off poll to identify whether those who voted no to us winning also predominantly voted for Brexit and those who voted for us to win the title also voted to remain in Europe.

That's the sort of insightful cutting-edge polling we deserve.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
come 1200 next Sunday the thousands in the away end and the hundreds in the home sections will be believing we can win it.
Its going to be a fun and boozy weekend.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here