whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
The bottom four:

York
Braintree
Southport
North Ferriby

How is it decided which teams are demoted to National League North and National League South?

Three are geographically north - so who will play in the South league?

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006
The bottom four:

York
Braintree
Southport
North Ferriby

How is it decided which teams are demoted to National League North and National League South?

Three are geographically north - so who will play in the South league?

Gloucester City may finally be moved divisions.

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
York City were safe until Guiseley equalised in the 90th min in their game against Solihul to grab a point and stay up by one point.

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
They can move teams already down there around. The North is a tougher league to get out of some say but not sure that I agree. Maybe bit more depth but similar at the top.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Very sad what has happened to York city.

Saw them play us a few times home and away!

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Hinckley were moved from South to North a few years back when it was top heavy.

Hinckley were moved from South to North a few years back when it was top heavy.
Bishops Stortford were once shunted into Conference North despite being in the Home Counties. This was due to the built-in southern bias of the league caused by the admittance of only seven clubs from the NPL at its inception. The rest (17?) decimated the Southern League Premier Division, and this inbalance was perpetuated by the promotion of two clubs from the South for every one from the NPL.

Last edited:

LowKarate

Jan 6, 2004
Wombling free
My Geography A Level qualification guides me to believe that Braintree will play in the Southern League and York will play in the Northern League.

North Ferriby are marginally more north than Southport, so they are a shoe-in for the Northern League.

Southport will have to play in the Southern League because their name begins with South. That will teach them to choose a mis-leading town name.

Such frivolity aside I believe that [MENTION=4313]RM-Taylor[/MENTION] has already provided the most likely answer. It used to work that way when Division 3 South and North divisions existed with clubs like Nottingham Forest and Mansfield sometimes moving between divisions.

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
This is a tricky one for teams on the cusp. If you play north but are Midlands based e.g. Brackley or Gloucester then your players will often live north because away games are easier. Moving leagues could mean you need to recruit quite a few new players.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here