Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dispensation for after game beers in premier league

timseagull

Oct 12, 2003
Mile Oak
report in the times today says spurs are to be the first club in the premier league to get a late licence to allow them to serve alcohol after games in the new ground. Premier league rules require all bars not in corporate hospitality to close at full time. The premier league have to grant special dispensation. Guess we'll be asking for the same allowance?

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 917

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Any other dispensations?

F'ck me, are they trying to tell us what is suitable to wear too?

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Is that for real? I usually only have one pint but it's a lifesaver on a weekend or bank holiday match as otherwise I'd be just sitting in the car waiting for the Bridge queue to diminish.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
In reality there is nothing the Premier League can do about us selling alcohol after the game. The clubs licence to sell alcohol allows it, as does the stadium safety certificate. Special dispensation my ass, as if the Premier League have any right to tell us what we can and can't do with our bars.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
In reality there is nothing the Premier League can do about us selling alcohol after the game. The clubs licence to sell alcohol allows it, as does the stadium safety certificate. Special dispensation my ass, as if the Premier League have any right to tell us what we can and can't do with our bars.

Doubtless the Premier League has some Official Beer Partner. With a beer that is almost guaranteed to be shite. The Albion will probably be forced to sell it. That's how Premier League life is.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks

They could fine Brighton, I imagine there is something in the rules.... stupid I know....

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
Doubtless the Premier League has some Official Beer Partner. With a beer that is almost guaranteed to be shite. The Albion will probably be forced to sell it. That's how Premier League life is.

Nope just looked up the Premier League rules. In a document that actually tells you how many parking spaces you need to give Sky, there is no mention of alcohol licensing and serving times whatsoever. Seems like a bit of padding for a short column rather than the truth.

wakeytom

Apr 14, 2011
The Hacienda

Of course they do, they can put in place any rules they want, and if you want to play in the league you stick to them. The PL is not all its cracked up to be

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
I usually only have one pint but it's a lifesaver on a weekend or bank holiday match as otherwise I'd be just sitting in the car waiting for the Bridge queue to diminish.

Something a bit odd about the Green Cross Code man getting on the beer before driving home.... ???

Colossal Squid

Returning video tapes
Feb 11, 2010
Under the sea
So apologies this has no doubt been covered umpteen times since but I can't find a definitive answer.

Are we still able to get beers post match at the ground or not?

mwrpoole

Sep 10, 2010
Sevenoaks
Either last season or the season before I went with some clients to Arsenal vs Chelsea at The Emirates and the bars were open after the game in the standard concourses. Only Carling Black Label & John Smiths so didn't bother personally......

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Either last season or the season before I went with some clients to Arsenal vs Chelsea at The Emirates and the bars were open after the game in the standard concourses. Only Carling Black Label & John Smiths so didn't bother personally......

Been to the Emirates a few times as a guest of an Arsenal STH pal, have definitely had a post match pint on the concourse more than once. Not been for a couple of years though so don't know if the rules changed.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here