Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brighton & Hove Albion vs Bristol City *** Official Match Thread ***

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
Sake. And our highest percentage share of the season too. Such an anticlimax. I'm off to listen to The Smiths.

:jester:

easynow

Mar 17, 2013
jakarta
sure we didn't win the title at home, but at least we secured promotion and have another chance to grab the trophy. how many of us would be complaining at the start of the season if we knew our current situation today?

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Stephens, Stockdale and Sidwell played well. Murray and Knockeart tried.

The others were mistake ridden, positionally poor, slow to 50:50's and some invisible (Hemed) or simply outclassed by their opponent (Skalak).

Another lesson that some hard farewells are required this summer and some serious recruiting required. The PL is unforgiving.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I think the players are still hung over from our promotion. It's upsetting that we didn't win the title today, but if you'd have told me that we'd have already been promoted with one game to play and a point ahead of Newcastle, I'd have bitten your hand off.
Let's get this in perspective. The main goal was to get promotion, not win the title. If we do, brilliant, but if we don't, it's still been a fantastic season!

Goal post moving. Even TB and CH have talked about going for the title. A once in a lifetime chance to win the famous trophy held aloft by the greats of British football since the 1800's.

Arthritic Toe

Nov 25, 2005
Swindon
Hats off to Bristol City - they were superb tonight. They got it spot on tactically, defended excellently and took their chance when it came. Flint was immense at the back.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Hats off to Bristol City - they were superb tonight. They got it spot on tactically, defended excellently and took their chance when it came. Flint was immense at the back.

I've been told by the (always positive) fellow fan I went to the match with, that we were marginally the better team tonight, especially in the second half. That Bristol City weren't all that. He can't believe that I thought Skalak, Bong and Hemed were poor.

I sat in ESU for a change. The mood up (going by the yelled comments) there seemed to blame everything on the ref, Murray, Bong and Skalak.

Funny how assessments vary so greatly!

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I would like to hear what CH has to say about that Skalak decision, woeful player, surely gone next season.
Sigh........have you nominated next season's scapegoat yet? And remind me, just how many trees did March pull up when he came on to replace Skalak today? Face it, it was just a pretty shit performance by pretty much the whole team.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I've been told by the (always positive) fellow fan I went to the match with, that we were marginally the better team tonight, especially in the second half. That Bristol City weren't all that. He can't believe that I thought Skalak, Bong and Hemed were poor.

I sat in ESU for a change. The mood up (going by the yelled comments) there seemed to blame everything on the ref, Murray, Bong and Skalak.

Funny how assessments vary so greatly!

I'd question the football nous of any fan who didn't think Hemed was fecking useless today

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Sigh........have you nominated next season's scapegoat yet? And remind me, just how many trees did March pull up when he came on to replace Skalak today? Face it, it was just a pretty shit performance by pretty much the whole team.

Skalak was certainly no worse than others and he's one of the best deliveres of the ball we have. March was just as poor.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Disgraceful performance from the team with the only ones who appeared to be trying were Stephens followed by Dunk the rest let the fans, club CH and more especially themselves down. It was as if they had all been on the p..s since getting promoted.

Bristolcityfan

Mar 5, 2013
If Bristol hadn't scored we'd have probably pinched a goal somewhere but once they scored they could shut up shop and play EIGHT men at the back

Thought we tried to get players forward when we could. Just one of those days when it broke our way.

Congratulations on your promotion this year, live the dream next year, and a big thank you to all the Brighton fans who were gracious, knowledgable and great to have a chat with before and after the game.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here