Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Thinking back to last season

whosthedaddy

striker256
Apr 20, 2007
Hove
After the Cardiff v Newcastle result tonight the Albion are presently on 92 points (2 games to play) and Toon on 91 points (1 game to play).

Previous years of stats I believe showed that the 89 points we achieved last season would in most other seasons have resulted in automatic promotion, but now this season you would have to get over 90 points just to have a sniff of a chance.

We could actually see the Albion eventually end the season on 98 points (let's hope) and Newcastle on 94 points which only goes to show how bleeding hard it is to get out of this division, and also shows how fantastically well Chris and the team did to do so.

:albion2::albion2:

Ron Manager

Oooh, wasn't it?
Sep 14, 2015
Lentil Alley
Only going to get harder, fierce competition and parachute payments. I hope we can stay up and consolidate for a period.

The Optimist

NSC Patreon
Apr 6, 2008
Lewisham
I think Newcastle were an exceptional strong team to get relegated. Can't see Boro or Sunderland doing as well next season (yes I know it was only a year ago that Boro got 89 points).

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
I think the chasing pack would have got more points if the top 2 hadn't been consistently as good, and they thought they had half a chance of catching them.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
After the Cardiff v Newcastle result tonight the Albion are presently on 92 points (2 games to play) and Toon on 91 points (1 game to play).

Previous years of stats I believe showed that the 89 points we achieved last season would in most other seasons have resulted in automatic promotion, but now this season you would have to get over 90 points just to have a sniff of a chance.

We could actually see the Albion eventually end the season on 98 points (let's hope) and Newcastle on 94 points which only goes to show how bleeding hard it is to get out of this division, and also shows how fantastically well Chris and the team did to do so.

:albion2::albion2:

No you wouldn't. You just have to beat the team in third & the max Huddersfield can get is 87. Therefore 88 points - or 87 with our goal difference- would have done the job this season

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
If you placed a team in the division with 87 points how would they be second? They would be behind Newcastle on 91 and brighton on 92.

He's on about us or Newcastle only needing 87 points

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
I think the chasing pack would have got more points if the top 2 hadn't been consistently as good, and they thought they had half a chance of catching them.

Do you really believe teams haven't tried as much as they could as they thought we were too good to catch? That is insulting to us quite frankly... teams like Huddersfield and Reading were doing their best to catch us but simply weren't good enough!

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
I think we are better prepared this season and have a better chance of staying up with this team, plus a few additions.
It may have taken another season, but we are the better for it.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
If you placed a team in the division with 87 points how would they be second? They would be behind Newcastle on 91 and brighton on 92.

The OP stated you would need over 90 to go up this season. It's simply not true.

[TWEET]858056564644696064[/TWEET]

Steve.S

May 11, 2012
Hastings

I never read so much rubbish in my life. Utter rubbish, Newcastle and us have been more consistent then the other teams this season. It says a lot that the play off places are not even sorted yet, only Huddersfield are in them and still not sure where in the playoffs they will finish. I suppose Leeds gave up as well did they?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here