Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Tottenham at Wembley

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
Wembley loses a little more of it's magic.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Wembley loses a little more of it's magic.

That happens anywhere THFC turn up to play. It's not really 'Wembley' though is it? It's a modern stadium built on the same site or near to it. It's almost like saying 'The Goldstone loses more of it's magic' when talking about the Amex.

Every time I go I get off at a different station on the Jubilee line and go in the nearest pub, I'm constantly disapointed.

This time I'll probably just stay in that Wetherspoons outside Victoria, It's shit but at least it's familiar shit

The Barley Mow baker street has been a stop off of choice when going to Wembley

Attachments

• DSC00825.JPG
    DSC00825.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 436

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Bound to be an evening game with all the usual issues of getting back to Victoria for a train

I'll do what I did for the playoff final versus Colin's County. Drive round the M25, park up at Harrow on the Hill, have a swifty there, then walk down the hill and tube in from the North of Wembley.

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
It's great for all our new young fans to have an opportunity to go to Wembley . I have been to Wembley loads of time for concerts England Games and leauge cup finals and FA Cup and play offs .
Let's hope we stay up to go to Spurs new £800 million + stadium which is having 18,000 fans banked behind one goal.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patreon
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Most people have been to New (and many Old) Wembley so know the score.

For me, as I'm sure you as well, I've been to WHL/UP a number of times.Cant drink in area/nightmare getting away from both.

For our first season I'm delighted we are going to Olympic Stadium/Wembley.Both novelties for us and should be great days out.Lets leave the whingeing for years 2 onwards at West Ham, by which time we should be looking forward to the new WHL.

If we must whinge about aways next season, I suggest we start with the diabolical view at the back of the Anfield Road Lower.

And Bournemouth only having to give out 1200 away tickets too, not that I am gonna need one :lol:

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
It's great for all our new young fans to have an opportunity to go to Wembley . I have been to Wembley loads of time for concerts England Games and leauge cup finals and FA Cup and play offs .
Let's hope we stay up to go to Spurs new £800 million + stadium which is having 18,000 fans banked behind one goal.

Yeah, been to the new Wembley a few times for footy, so nothing 'new and exciting' for me. However the 18k bank of supporters at the new White Hart Lane will be awesome to look at.

SK1NT

Sep 9, 2003
Thames Ditton
New Wembley, honestly, it is shit. FA Cup Final would be a different story.

Having been there for all of Tottenhams champions league games, and last week for the FA cup semi i would say the ground is fairly nice.

Getting off the Wembley Park station has a great view down wembley way. There pubs near by and a new shopping center full of bars and restaurants just been built.

I would say it is a must go to...

Who wouldn't want to see their team play there especially as it isnt far from Brighton. Brighton to Waterloo - Jubilee to Wembley Park (2 trains)

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patreon
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Where are the away fans going to be located at Wembley Stadium?
For our Premier League matches, visiting supporters will be located in Blocks 112 – 119. This may change for matches in UEFA competition dependent on opponents and their ticketing requirements.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
Where are the away fans going to be located at Wembley Stadium?
For our Premier League matches, visiting supporters will be located in Blocks 112 – 119. This may change for matches in UEFA competition dependent on opponents and their ticketing requirements.

How many seats is that?

Sussexscots

Fed up with trains. Sick of the rain.
How many seats is that?

There are 34,303 seats in the lower tier at Wembley split into 44 blocks, of which visitors are to be allocated eight. Accepting that not all blocks will hold a similar number of seats, a rough calculation would be 34,303 / 44 = 779.6 X 8 = 6,236. Some of the allocated blocks are right in the corner so maybe a bit less - perhaps between 5,500 and 6,000.

I could of course be wrong but would have thought Spurs would want to make as much as they possibly can out of playing at the venue.

Jimmehh

Mar 21, 2016
Sussex by the Sea
Looking at this link
http://www.mapaplan.com/seating-pla...mbers-exact-concert-chart-high-resolution.htm
I would estimate 6000 seats in blocks 112 - 119.

There are 34,303 seats in the lower tier at Wembley split into 44 blocks, of which visitors are to be allocated eight. Accepting that not all blocks will hold a similar number of seats, a rough calculation would be 34,303 / 44 = 779.6 X 8 = 6,236. Some of the allocated blocks are right in the corner so maybe a bit less - perhaps between 5,500 and 6,000.

I could of course be wrong but would have thought Spurs would want to make as much as they possibly can out of playing at the venue.

These are great - but don't forget - all they have said is that it could change for UEFA Champions League games etc - therefore there may still be a cap of 3,000 for Home league games, but more for the european games & cup games.

EDIT - Ignore me, i've just re-read the above and realised it states for premier league games :clap2:

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here