Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Tottenham at Wembley

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Well I've looked into this and there isn't a MAXIMUM, yes most clubs with a 30,000+ capacity only offer what they have to (3000) so in theory Spurs could do the same, however there are no doubt financial obligations and if attendances drop off they may well be forced with no choice than to offer a larger away allocation. If you really want to go and you don't have loyalty points then hope it's midweek in December

Bound to be an evening game with all the usual issues of getting back to Victoria for a train

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
We will - at some point next season - play Tottenham in the Premier League, at Wembley.

Yet still some people moan....no atmosphere....expensive food and drinks....hard to get to / get away from....day-trippers...bound to be an evening game...and so it goes on.

Just to repeat, in case it hasn't sunk in...we will - at some point next season - play Tottenham in the Premier League at Wembley.

Mental.

Bigtomfu

Jul 25, 2003
Harrow
Well I've looked into this and there isn't a MAXIMUM, yes most clubs with a 30,000+ capacity only offer what they have to (3000) so in theory Spurs could do the same, however there are no doubt financial obligations and if attendances drop off they may well be forced with no choice than to offer a larger away allocation. If you really want to go and you don't have loyalty points then hope it's midweek in December

It's what they gave for the Europa League so will be the same for the Prem so don't everyone get excited yet

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Well I've looked into this and there isn't a MAXIMUM, yes most clubs with a 30,000+ capacity only offer what they have to (3000) so in theory Spurs could do the same, however there are no doubt financial obligations and if attendances drop off they may well be forced with no choice than to offer a larger away allocation.
If I were them I'd offer a lot of tickets to teams like us, but I'd offer the bare minimum to rivals like Chelski and Arse.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patreon
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Having been there a few times...its a arse ache to get to and a seriously poor stadium to watch football, poor acoustics, expensive food / drinks, Thats me saving a few quid (unless we get to a final )

I thought the thread was about Wembley not Selhurst :)

Ron Manager

Oooh, wasn't it?
Sep 14, 2015
Lentil Alley
Went to a Cup Final a few years ago, massive obviously yet I would have reservations about a half-filled stadium.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patreon
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Having been there a few times...its a arse ache to get to and a seriously poor stadium to watch football, poor acoustics, expensive food / drinks, Thats me saving a few quid (unless we get to a final )

Acoustics are total shxte.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patreon
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
We will - at some point next season - play Tottenham in the Premier League, at Wembley.

Yet still some people moan....no atmosphere....expensive food and drinks....hard to get to / get away from....day-trippers...bound to be an evening game...and so it goes on.

Just to repeat, in case it hasn't sunk in...we will - at some point next season - play Tottenham in the Premier League at Wembley.

Mental.

New Wembley, honestly, it is shit. FA Cup Final would be a different story.

chimneys

Jun 11, 2007
New Wembley, honestly, it is shit. FA Cup Final would be a different story.

Most people have been to New (and many Old) Wembley so know the score.

For me, as I'm sure you as well, I've been to WHL/UP a number of times.Cant drink in area/nightmare getting away from both.

For our first season I'm delighted we are going to Olympic Stadium/Wembley.Both novelties for us and should be great days out.Lets leave the whingeing for years 2 onwards at West Ham, by which time we should be looking forward to the new WHL.

If we must whinge about aways next season, I suggest we start with the diabolical view at the back of the Anfield Road Lower.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here