Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Cardiff v Newcastle - what do you WANT ?

What would you PREFER ?

• Total voters

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Definitely a Cardiff win... just want to win the title ASAP...

Southern Scouse

Jul 21, 2011
I want the barcodes to win by 10, and us to lose all our remaining games, forever.
Seriously????

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Simple enough. We only have to match Newcastle's result at Cardiff to be Champions. But what do you WANT ?

Do you want a Cardiff WIN, so that Saturdays match kicks off as a dead rubber, with Bristol giving us the guard of honour onto the pitch, job done before a ball is kicked ? How about a DRAW, so that all we have to do is avoid defeat against Bristol to raise that trophy to the heaving THRONGS in the stands. Or a Newcastle WIN, meaning we also have to go out and WIN, or else wait another 8 days to try to seal it at Villa ?

I'm going option 3. I trust this team to finish the job, and would prefer to arrive at the Amex with a certain FRISSION of excitement to see us do just that. To win that game, and hoist that famous old trophy aloft for the first time in our entire history having gone and won a MEANINGFUL game to achieve it, would be truly epic. That's how I want to celebrate. That does leave the door slightly ajar for a bit of a fvck-up, but hey. Lets trust them.

Cardiff WIN. Just to see the adorable smile on our mutual friend's face :lolol:

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
I voted Barcode win but, after reading through the comments, I've changed my mind. Let's go into the game tomorrow as CHAMPIONS.

Exile

Objective but passionate
Aug 10, 2014
Do we want to DEFINITELY win the Championship, or possibly NOT win the Championship?

What a MORONIC question.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
A draw for me. A better day tomorrow if we do have to achieve SOMETHING in the game, rather than walking in as Champions already because someone else messed up. I prefer the euphoria of that final whistle that confirms we've done it.

BUT, why wouldn't I want it to be as easy as possible tomorrow. A draw vs Bristol City, I'd feel very comfortable about achieving as a minimum.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Cardiff WIN. Just to see the adorable smile on our mutual friend's face :lolol:

But you just KNOW that he'll forever claim that "Cardiff won the title for you boyo's, isn't it" :lolol:

Still a bit undecided on this. I'll probably be watching the game at home on Kodi, in my skiddies, with a few tinnies and a takeout. If we are actually crowned champions TONIGHT, then it'll be a bit low-key, its not quite going to have that epic feeling. I feel I should at least be in a pub somewhere that's absolutely RAMMED, jumping around like a loon, getting drenched in beer, and crawling home at 2am in a drunken state with no keys or trousers.

Save it for Saturday I suppose.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
But you just KNOW that he'll forever claim that "Cardiff won the title for you boyo's, isn't it" :lolol:

Still a bit undecided on this. I'll probably be watching the game at home on Kodi, in my skiddies, with a few tinnies and a takeout. If we are actually crowned champions TONIGHT, then it'll be a bit low-key, its not quite going to have that epic feeling. I feel I should at least be in a pub somewhere that's absolutely RAMMED, jumping around like a loon, getting drenched in beer, and crawling home at 2am in a drunken state with no keys or trousers.

Save it for Saturday I suppose.

An entire post CHOCK FULL of delightful mental images :lolol:

It's my wedding anniversary tonight so we're out for dinner and I may even get told off if I check my phone too regularly. We may possibly win the title without me knowing it at all. I'd still take that though to take any pressure off tomorrow and have a proper party knowing the lads will pick up a trophy at the end,

Exile

Objective but passionate
Aug 10, 2014
(on the warped basis that we actually have any control over what happens tonight, the choices are: )

1. The sheer pleasure of strolling up KNOWING that we have won the title, that we are going to watch the team run out to a Guard of Honour, and lift and parade the trophy before us. And most probably a nice win, with the pressure off, too.

v

2. The (possibility of) a final whistle moment of UTTER JOY, if a win tomorrow is required to clinch it, coupled with the possibility of a shit performance and watching the Football League official quietly box up the trophy and put it back in the boot of his car.

No brainer.

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
Lascelles, Anita, Hanley, Jesus, Gayle all missing too for the barcodes. Rafa resting those with 'niggles'.

PG

golddene

Jul 28, 2012
Its easy, lets see the Barcodes win and watch them take on the mantle of champions elect expecting our boys to "fook it up" then thump Brizzle tomorrow to win the thing, make for far better box office as without the butterflys of fear in the pit of our collective stomachs is an alien feeling. I love the stress I feel and is one I always associate with our games. bollox to these nothing on it games at home, save that for the cretins at Villa park and their crap treatment of our supporters. (really sorry to those who have managed to get a ticket and please, please, enjoy your party there and rub their noses in it ) except for Colin Calderwood who I'm sure must have had a perfectly reasonable reason to leave when he did!!!!!!!!!!!

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Lascelles, Anita, Hanley, Jesus, Gayle all missing too for the barcodes. Rafa resting those with 'niggles'.

PG

It says a lot when there's a good chance you'll win the trophy ahead of a bone fide MIRACLE WORKER. Can Hughton walk on water?

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
I voted DRAW but I didn't really mean it. It is like people saying they don't want to live beyond 90. Ask them again when they get to 89.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Cardiff win for me then party time early Saturday evening

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here