Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Tammy Abraham

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
At the end of the day we are looking for a striker who will score enough goals against the lesser teams in the division to keep us up. I don't think that this lad will be up to it.

Your quite right when you say that we need to target other teams who, like us, will probably end up at the arse end of the Premier League. Will young Tammy help by scoring a few goals against them? I hope so.

Bearing in mind that he would only ever be joining us on a loan basis anyway, I think he's worth a try.

indy3050

Jun 22, 2011
Tammy Abraham will play for Swansea City next season.

The Swans have won the race for the England Under-21 international, beating off stiff competition from Newcastle United.

Abraham has agreed a one-year loan deal from parent club Chelsea and will link up with boss Paul Clement who was number two to Carlo Ancelotti at Stamford Bridge.

Newcastle were bang in the hunt for the highly-rated striker but were unable to sort out the deal to the satisfaction of all parties.

My son in law Will is a Chelsea fan (and so I'm afraid to say is his son my grandson although [MENTION=2095]Commander[/MENTION] and I are working on this) but Will says they are not interested in developing kids for their first team. They Hoover up young talent, loan them out and watch them develop then sell them on. A sort of footballer factory. Is it right that Terry is the only one who came through the ranks and ended up being a star in the first team?

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Very Good Lawro...Rather he go there than to Newcastle! Hope we don't end up with Frazier Campbell...maybe Joel Campbell is looking more likely!

Other rumour is we have made a bid for Lois Diony, and a €12 mil bid for Thomas Delaney from Werder Bremen

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Maybe didn't fancy the pressure of playing in front of big crowds. Fair enough, not everyone is cut out for a big stage, and at Swansea he can hide any shortcomings that get exposed in a backwater miles from anywhere. But it's a strange move if he wants to play for Chelsea one day.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Maybe didn't fancy the pressure of playing in front of big crowds. Fair enough, not everyone is cut out for a big stage, and at Swansea he can hide any shortcomings that get exposed in a backwater miles from anywhere. But it's a strange move if he wants to play for Chelsea one day.

Odd move indeed. He will have his reasons #ThinkLikeStockdale

Ecosse Exile

May 20, 2009
Alicante, Spain

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Can't believe all this hype for a youngster that hasn't even played in the prem.If he was our no 1 striker I'd be gutted.

I said words to that effect a few weeks back, to be predictably shot down by those who saw TA as our Messiah.

I'm confident that the hype was only from in the NSC herd, and that the club have several new striking options in sight.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
We on here have become obsessed with this striking option, because between us we haven't really come up with a viable alternative. That doesn't mean the club are in the same "all-in" position with Abraham. What we have learned the last couple of years is that this club has become very adept at signing players we didn't have on our radar at all.

I bet Abraham IS one we are targeting, but along with 3 or 4 others from Leagues around Europe whose signing will trigger a rush to find the obligatory highlights montage from YouTube because when we hear the name very few of us will be able to conjure up many moments from our own memory banks.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Us, Newcastle, Swansea and others.... clearly the boy is talented or these teams would not be interested.

I for one hope we still get this one done.

Papa Lazarou

Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Us, Newcastle, Swansea and others.... clearly the boy is talented or these teams would not be interested.

I for one hope we still get this one done.

I saw a report on the BBC this morning saying that Celtic were now after him...

Papa Lazarou

Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Well if they are losing Dembele to Everton, that sounds possible

I like others have said, think we have moved on from this one now.

So do I - far too complicated a deal, and wasting time and resources that could be better deployed elsewhere.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here